Bringing HDT to Texas from another state

GlennWest

If you buy a car or truck and the seller keeps the Texas license plates, print a Transit Permit to drive the vehicle home or to your local county tax office.

• Only one Transit Permit may be issued
  • Valid for 5 days (maximum) from date of issuance. The start date is the day the permit is printed.
  • Only issued for cars and trucks
  • License Plates will be issued by your local county tax office when you title and register your vehicle
  • Enter your vehicle identification number (VIN) carefully. If we cannot match the VIN a Transit Permit cannot be printed.
  • Insurance is required to legally operate a motor vehicle in Texas.
  • If traveling out of state, verify that this permit is valid for operation in that state. This permit may only authorize operation of the vehicle in Texas.
  • A Transit Permit is needed before operating this vehicle in Texas.

Click Here

Might wanna call the tax office and inquire about MH's. You might need a single trip permit, rather than a transit permit. An HDT weighs too much for a 30 day permit and a 72 or 144hr permit are commercial.

EDIT:

Personally I would never sell ANY vehicle and leave my license plates on it. I would expect that from any other seller also so make arrangements for some sort of registration before you try top drive it home.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Beats me. It is though. He said He wanted to register in Florida but can't be done. It was registered in another state and he transferred it to NY. It was already set up for it when he got it, bed, hitch, port a potty, inverter, power cord, etc

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived