Denver Area stopover

goin2

We are traveling from Tijeras, NM (close to ABQ) to Ft Laramie, WY. Need a place to stop overnight about half way. I figure anywhere between Colorado Springs and Loveland... if we decide to get through Denver without rush hour. We will be coming up I-25.

The RV parks I have found are 1) very expensive 2) far off the interstate 3) get really bad reviews. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stop overnight?

We travel between Alb. & Denver twice a year. Stay at Cherry Creek SP in Denver Close to I-225 and not that far off I-25. Nice park with lots of room.

On the way North we stop at Trinidad Lakes SP since we plan on settling in at Cherry Creek for two weeks and don't want to arrive late in the day.

TLSP is a bit of a hike off I-25, but a really nice, quiet park.

On the Way South we usually do Denver to Alb. in one day and stop at Enchanted Trails

One caveat on the CO state Parks. The camping is reasonable - Cherry Creek $24/night; Trinidad Lakes I think was $20 this spring. BUT, you also need a vehicle pass at $7 per day. We buy an annual pass for $70 for the truck and they give us a towed pass for the smart. By purchasing the annual pass at the right time we get three spring/fall visits on one annual pass.

Howdy!

We also have stayed at Cherry Creek just outside of Denver, very nice park. You can get in Monday through Thursday but they stay booked up on the weekends. Where are you planing on staying at Ft Laramie, WY. We stayed there last year at the Chuck Wagon RV park and the trains noise was really unbearable.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Howdy!

We also have stayed at Cherry Creek just outside of Denver, very nice park. You can get in Monday through Thursday but they stay booked up on the weekends. Where are you planing on staying at Ft Laramie, WY. We stayed there last year at the Chuck Wagon RV park and the trains noise was really unbearable.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

Planning on staying in Lingle as it seems to be a good location to see a lot. We are also making a trip up to Chadron, NE

Thanks Everyone for the Denver help! We decided to make a short trip to Cimmaron, NM, then haul on up to Terry Bison Ranch for a night,. then to Lingle. Sitting on the thumbs waiting to go north is a downer, but we HATE cold weather.

Archived