Federal Court Jury Duty

Not many of us realize but we live in two jurisdictions when it comes to jury duty. Most of the chatter I see here refers to local courts (state or county) but Federal courts can also summon residents for jury duty. And even if you live in a SnB that can mean a long drive since Federal District Courts are not in every county.

Has anyone had to deal with a jury duty summons from a Federal court and how did that work out?

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

When we were full timing with a Livingston address I received a letter from Federal Circuit Court telling me I was in a juror pool, and asking me to complete a lengthy juror profile. I sent it in, and several months later received a request for further profile info. After submitting the second profile info I never heard from them again.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Just remember that if in fact you end up getting called for federal court there no getting put of it unless you are ill or death in family and that will require Dr certification. That's the point of all the info you need to provide them! It also unsualky lasts 30 days.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Has anyone had to deal with a jury duty summons from a Federal court and how did that work out?

The only federal jury summons that I have ever received was one from the US District Court in Cheyenne, WY just after we moved to Texas. I contacted them and they removed me from the pool. Such summons are pretty rare but could be more difficult to deal with.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

About 3 years ago I also received a survey form from Federal Court in Chattanooga, TN. Sent it in and in a few weeks was notified to come in. Only had to go in to courthouse 3 times and was never selected for a jury. I was on-call for 3 months!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

I got a summons for the Federal District Court in Spokane while we were staying in Benson.

The letter caught up with us fairly late and I called the court. They were pretty nice about it. Told them I would be back in eastern Washington in a couple of months. They said fine...I would go back on the list at that time.

That was well over two years ago and I have not heard from them since. I was willing to serve since my wife likes Spokane and they put you up in a downtown motel!!

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

I got called from them for jury duty while we lived in our S&B in Klamath Falls, OR. Had to drive to Medford, OR (70 miles) for one trial. It got settled while we all waited several hours then was told we wouldn't be called again, that we had done our duty.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

Archived