Hitch prices?

Darkhorse

Dark,

one thing to keep in mind. since you have the air-ride pin box (TrailAir) like i do. you will need to swap it out to a NON-air ride pinbox when you do any of the air-ride hitches..

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Dark,

one thing to keep in mind. since you have the air-ride pin box (TrailAir) like i do. you will need to swap it out to a NON-air ride pinbox when you do any of the air-ride hitches..

Good point, you can get away with it, but it's not recommended and sometimes it gets "ugly". The problem is that it's impossible to match the frequency of response of one hitch to another (the time of response and the amplitude of motion). And if the things are too much out of the whack they work against each other.

What I said about the trail air is true. I have not switched mine out yet but I do inflate trail air to 100 psi making it pretty much non air. Henry can explain more but when I talked to him originally I did not have a heavy trailer. He explained to me the optimum psi for the bag to be to properly cushion and I believe it was 40-60% of bag capacity. Anything over 80 and the cushioning pretty much goes away. Tom

Little off topic but I like the fact that it's a peterbilt towing Phil's truck.

Takes a real truck:)

And who said that Peterbilts were good for nothing? :)

Better be careful or I might start a turf war, hehe.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

When I had my ET Jr installed I found out the air bag was not available. Henry got it from a different supplier at a higher cost. He did not pass this on to me. He provided lunch. If I had my suit we could have used his pool. I participated in the install And learned a lot. Some may find this hard to believe but I even found some tools I need to purchase.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Our Dollyhauler (toybox / horse-hauler) is a T T hitch so we do not use a 5th hitch but.... I am almost tempted to buy a ET hitch just to deal with a......"Old-Fashioned.......Real-SERVICE-Company)!

It's so funny to see so many "modern-methods-companys' struggle and claim "lean-ops" by limiting service when at the end of the day the "Henry's" have "Family-Members" instead if "clients"...........

Henry makes a quality product, and that product is made exceptional by.........REAL SERVICE!!

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

All in fun.

Waiting for my new work truck it's stuck at the outfitters getting new E - log ,back up cameras and sensors installed. VOLVO D13 I- shift.

Oh, now I REALLY don't like you :D

When I had my ET Jr installed I found out the air bag was not available. Henry got it from a different supplier at a higher cost. He did not pass this on to me. He provided lunch. If I had my suit we could have used his pool. I participated in the install And learned a lot. Some may find this hard to believe but I even found some tools I need to purchase.

I participated in my upgrade install in Hutch and learned I didn't have some needed tools also. I also learned that needing tools is a great excuse to have a party and that someone WILL show up with the required tool :)

2014 smart Fortwo

All in fun.

Waiting for my new work truck it's stuck at the outfitters getting new E - log ,back up cameras and sensors installed. VOLVO D13 I- shift.

Say What! I'm with Phil on this one. Would love to see it up close and personal.

I hope this is a play truck and not just a work truck!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Say What! I'm with Phil on this one. Would love to see it up close and personal.

I hope this is a play truck and not just a work truck!

My peterbilt is my play toy that we use to tow our fifth wheel or boat and enter in truck shows for fun.

I work for a major paint company not sure I should say which one. Phil might know them they do have a major hub in Waco Texas another one out here on the West Coast. The entire fleet is being upgraded from freightliners to Volvos over 450 trucks.

The freightliner I drive now already has a voyager camera system. They put them on six of our trucks as a test models We have cameras on each front fender and cameras that are remote activated on the top rear of some 48 foot trailers.

And yes our new trucks that are overdue for delivery. have PeopleNet E- logs. that yes I like a lot better than paper logs. They have Volvo factory accident avoidance system that will apply brakes when you get too close to a car. Back up sensors on all trailers and the sides of each truck.

Some of the trucks will have again back up cameras.

We also already have on some trucks now and all new trucks

A dash camera that is activated by hard braking or quick maneuvers. That information is automatically sent to a corporate office.

Hmm...maybe something to do with covering the world with paint??? Next time I stop one of them trucks, I'll mention your name: "Hey, do you know broncohauler?" :)

PeopleNet has improved a lot since it started. IMHO, there are more user friendly e-logs than PeopleNet but once trained on any of them, they are much easier than paper logs.

I know a lot of drivers will complain about cameras, (especially the ones that actually video the driver also) but I have actually seen a video where the driver was issued a citation for talking on his cell phone and the company used the video to prove that the driver was not talking on the phone (He was doing something to his ear with the cap from his pen :D ). In this case it was important to the driver because his company (Coastal Transportation) doesn't even allow their drivers to use a blue tooth headset while driving (no phone usage period, subject to termination if they get caught) so that ticket could have spelled termination for the driver. If you aren't messing up, that camera will only save your butt. The one in my county ride has never gotten me in trouble but it has gotten me out of 3 IAD complaints.

Replacing the whole fleet is a lot of money for a company to invest in safety, and that sounds like what they are doing. I am impressed. In the end it will pay off for them but a lot of people simply look at the expenditure, not at the gain which can not always be measured in the same dollars.

Stay safe out there, and if you ever haul some paint through Texas, yell at me. :)

And I'll keep an eye out for you too. Just ask Mark Bruss about trying to sneak past me :ph34r:

2014 smart Fortwo

Big 5er

Yes that's the one and they are very very big on safety. A lot of are trucks are aging out that's the main reason for the change.

As big as we are only the guys coming out of California will know who I am. None of them know me as (Broncohauler) but do know my peterbilt very well.

They try to keep me in California so I can work longer hours. Which I can do as long as I do not cross state lines. But I do have family in Texas and if we ever get that way you better believe i'll be looking you up to share a Dr Pepper or a couple Coors lights.

Charlie

Archived