Finally

Anyone,

On the Maximum Signal web site, when ordering a Maximim Amp Mobile Rv unit a person must choose between AT&T and Verizon. If I am reading correctly, the LTE coverage seems to be the same so is the need to choose for the voice coverage only? Please explain.

Thanks

Dave

Webmaster has too fix that . Now same amp does both . That was part of the fight the FCC . They were not going to allow both on one because of the high power. we proved to them it was not an issue in February on our trip to DC and their labs in Maryland

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Don't need it and it will not be compatible with the new amp.

OK, I can see the point that a BoatAnt may not be needed. But I don't understand the "not compatible" part.....well, except if the FCC is still saying that the amp can ONLY BE USED with the antennas it comes with....I assume that is what you mean.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

OK, I can see the point that a BoatAnt may not be needed. But I don't understand the "not compatible" part.....well, except if the FCC is still saying that the amp can ONLY BE USED with the antennas it comes with....I assume that is what you mean.

We're curious too, Jack. This is what Gord told us:

Gord explained that the difference between the models is more than just the bundled antennas:

"The Max-Amp will also sense non-Maximum Signal antennas and will not work and shut down. Part of our deal with FCC."

I have never heard of a cellular booster refusing to work with third party antennas, but when I asked the follow up questions Gord told me that this was indeed the case - and that the "FCC will be asking for this from everyone in the future".

Interested to see how your testing goes with the BoatAnt.

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Hmm, that just seems.....odd. Has the FCC given a specific reason for this antennae restriction?

Nothing Odd about it . All kits must now be sold kitted with the antennas that it was tested at the FCC facility with . They down not want consumers altering the configuration and somehow causing problems on the airwaves. I told Jack during the process about how they were saying my antennas were too good and made they amplifier work too well and were trying to force me to include crappier antennas. We fought to include quality antennas. They do not want to risk parties being able to use third party antennas and driving an amplifier into oscillation and screwing up networks. Crappy antennas and amplifier are why all these new regulations were put into place. I have no control what end users try are use but I cannot in any way suggest it or condone it.

Keeping You Connected

Nothing Odd about it . All kits must now be sold kitted with the antennas that it was tested at the FCC facility with . They down not want consumers altering the configuration and somehow causing problems on the airwaves. I told Jack during the process about how they were saying my antennas were too good and made they amplifier work too well and were trying to force me to include crappier antennas. We fought to include quality antennas. They do not want to risk parties being able to use third party antennas and driving an amplifier into oscillation and screwing up networks. Crappy antennas and amplifier are why all these new regulations were put into place. I have no control what end users try are use but I cannot in any way suggest it or condone it.

I had noticed that places like the 3G Store now seem to sell their products as kits with antennas, while that used to be only on selected items and most amplifiers could be purchased with or without an antenna.

On the amplifier oscillation problem, the Wilson that I now have also has a provision to make it shut down in the event of any oscillation problem. If the two antennas are too close or for some reason begin to receive the other antenna's signal mine shuts down and displays a red light. It does not come back up until that condition has been corrected. Are you not required to have that same thing built into your system? I'd think that doing so would eliminate the 3rd party antenna issue and make it unusable with a poor quality one?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I had noticed that places like the 3G Store now seem to sell their products as kits with antennas, while that used to be only on selected items and most amplifiers could be purchased with or without an antenna.

On the amplifier oscillation problem, the Wilson that I now have also has a provision to make it shut down in the event of any oscillation problem. If the two antennas are too close or for some reason begin to receive the other antenna's signal mine shuts down and displays a red light. It does not come back up until that condition has been corrected. Are you not required to have that same thing built into your system? I'd think that doing so would eliminate the 3rd party antenna issue and make it unusable with a poor quality one?

Our new amplifier actually have 26 new fail safes built in to prevent oscillation. But the FCC wants to leave nothing to chance it seems. Under the new rules , everything must not be sold kitted with the exact antennas the FCC tested the amplifier with.

Keeping You Connected

That is exactly what I thought, Gord. I was just wondering if they had changed that.

Other antennas will technically work, if they are the proper ones. But there is too much chance that an end user that is not educated on antennas could screw things up and cause oscillation or other issues. Thus the FCC stance, I suppose. It does make it easier for the amp developer, though, since they don't have to deal with issues caused by antenna substitution.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Gord,

What is the final minimum separation between the antennas that you ended up with on this kit?

Smitty

(Enjoyed the brief talk today! Will let things calm down some for you, and then hook back up with you!)

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Gord,

Congratulations !!!

Placed my order on the phone yesterday afternoon. The man took all my info including email address and had to go as the phones were ringing. Hope you all are slammed with orders.

Sure would like an email confirming my order along with the amount. Is that possible?

Much Success

J R Legett

Gord,

Congratulations !!!

Placed my order on the phone yesterday afternoon. The man took all my info including email address and had to go as the phones were ringing. Hope you all are slammed with orders.

Sure would like an email confirming my order along with the amount. Is that possible?

Much Success

J R Legett

There are no confirmation emails as nothing is charged till product ships . I am the one taking orders as with the cash flow crunch I cannot afford staff right now. RV kits are 599.95 + 29.95 shipping for pre sales . But won't be charged till your order is shipped.

Keeping You Connected

• 2 weeks later...

Archived