Lower Price! 2005 M2 112 and Custom 5th Wheel

It's too much truck and trailer for me. I found it on this forum and the trailer has only been used 3 times. Most of the appliances and internal systems are still brand new.

It's a well optioned 2005 M2 112 with 40,000 miles. List price on the build sheet was $162K. The trailer was custom built by Zieman and other manufacturers. It is air ride and air brakes. No expenses were spared to have options like 5 water tanks for a total of 400 gallons. It has a brand new 20K kilowatt generator with a 70 gallon diesel tank. This trailer has to be seen to believe. The build sheet on the trailer shows over $250K was spent.

The trailer is currently located in S. Calif and the truck is in N. Calif.

The truck and trailer will be in S. Calif on June 20th/27th and the month of August

I'm asking $125K.

Here is the original post http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=108797&hl=%2B2005+%2B112+%2Bcustom

Both truck and trailer have clear Cailf titles.

I will sell them separately but the trailer has to go first.

I'm familiar with this trailer, although I have not seen it in person. At one point I actually considered buying it.

This is an excellent "project" trailer for someone that has the skills to modify it to their needs. Not that it would HAVE to be modified. But most people, including myself, would likely buy it with that intent. Just remember, it is BIG and HEAVY. But it is well built and has a lot of infrastructure components that you would never find without building it yourself. A lot of it is done the way I would have done it. It is worth a look if the size/weight is within your tolerances.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't sell the truck before I sell the trailer. I haven't had one issue with the M2. I have driven it up to Port Townsend Washington and it's been down to L.A. 3 or 4 times. Truck is in Sonoma Co. The previous owner regularly started and drove the truck. The air ride rear-end, air-ride cab and air-ride seats makes cruising down the highway very comfortable.

Thanks for the interest!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the truck still available? I just took possession of a new New Horizons 41' fifth wheel and the truck purchase is the next item on my to do list.

You might want to take a look at my website if you have not seen it. It might provide some insight on towing options. http://jackdanmayer.com/

Congrats on the New Horizons....I think you will enjoy it.

Hi Jack! Yeah, we are excited to finally move in to the rig this weekend. No more cutting grass!! LOL!!!

As far as the truck goes, I'm leaning towards a new Ram 5500/Utility Bodywerks combo - however, the Sportchassis always attracts me when I see a decent one up for sale. I know they can't compete with the HDT's in towing power, but they are an upgrade (albeit an expensive one) to the 5500 in braking capability. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go HDT, just don't see myself going in that direction. I'm going to have to do a little financing for the truck and haven't come across that option in my research on HDT's.

Hi Jack! Yeah, we are excited to finally move in to the rig this weekend. No more cutting grass!! LOL!!!

As far as the truck goes, I'm leaning towards a new Ram 5500/Utility Bodywerks combo - however, the Sportchassis always attracts me when I see a decent one up for sale. I know they can't compete with the HDT's in towing power, but they are an upgrade (albeit an expensive one) to the 5500 in braking capability. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go HDT, just don't see myself going in that direction. I'm going to have to do a little financing for the truck and haven't come across that option in my research on HDT's.

I think this one will compete power wise with a lot of HDT's. It is a 112 model with the MBE 4000( 435hp/1600 tq.) It also has the Allison 4000 HS trans which will handle the increased torque. We met Olsurfer yesterday and took the truck out. Don't write it off, we are also considering it when the trailer sells.

The 112 has great power and is a good setup. It is around the size of a Volvo 630 on the road. For someone that has a need of the rear seats and doors it is a great option.

The Dodge 5500 is the first choice for a 40-42' New Horizons IF you are going "super pickup". I would not buy a Ford for the reasons you likely already know: no rear capacity in a 450 and detuned engine in a 550. The Dodge is a better truck, IMO, for that target towing market.

Ive had my eye on this truck for a couple of years now.Missed my chance when the original owner was selling it couple of years ago.I think this is one beautiful truck.My question is how much longer will this truck be able to be registered in California with the new smog rules.Will you have to do upgrades to the engine to have it comply with the future smog rules.Just wondering cause in my search for a tow vehicles there seems to be a lot of pre 2007 trucks for sale.Even so I would buy this truck in a heartbeat.Still looking for a MDT OR HDT in Burlingame CA Thanks John

My question is how much longer will this truck be able to be registered in California with the new smog rules.

There's been a lot of discussion about this in the HDT Forum, if you'd care to research it there. I don't live in California, so I'm not speaking from personal experience, but according to the posts that I've read in the HDT Forum, the consensus seems to be that as long as you're registering a truck for personal/recreational purposes, you'll have no problem. The "retrofit or replace" rules apply to trucks used for commercial purposes.

• 1 month later...

This morning, I looked at the trailer and spent about two hours, with the owner, checking it out. The owner is a very nice person and answered everyone of my many questions.

The original builder/owner spared no expenses when he built this 5'er. I have never seen door latches (inside and outside) like were on this trailer. Expensive hardware! Granite counter tops. An actual bath tub. As I looked out the window, I could not help but notice how thick the walls are. The ladder to the roof is on the inside. The generator looked like it was just installed and never used. A Smart car can be winched into the garage (under the master bedroom).

For the right person, this 5'er will be the buy of a lifetime. I could see a a boon docker spending weeks in the extreme cold (or heat) without any problems. The trailer is heavy and long. It has air brakes and two huge tandem axles. The tires looked brand new. An enormous amount of storage.

Jim

Hi Jim....

Do you think you're going to buy the trailer? It sounds like it's out of this world!

No. It simply does not meet my needs. I need a toy hauler with a separate garage that is accessible from the living quarters.

I always wanted to design/build my own RV. Given my age, I realize that I do not have enough time, on this earth, to build my own RV. So, I wanted to see this RV that was built by another. The trailer was about 40 minutes from where I live and the Volvo needed to be "exercised."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be replacing the pictures of the trailer soon. I will also take it to a RV campground in S. Calif for a week so if your in the area you can come by and see it. There seems to be more interest in selling the trailer and truck separately than together so I am open to selling them as such. If you are interested in the trailer, you should have a HDT tow rig.

Will post the dates when it will be open to show them.

Archived