OK, Think I figured out how to post our HDT pic!

Gary Hage

I'm taking baby steps here on posting pics on this site. Maybe I'll graduate to getting them to actually show up here instead of an external link! LOL

Lead Campground Host at Ross Prairie Trailhead and Campground on the Cross Florida Greenway

Retired business owner

Author

2013 Redwood 36FB Fiver

2001 Volvo Vnl 420 HDT Toter

!958 Harley Davidson Sportster XLH [survivor bike]

Proud dad of Abby the Boston Terrier

100_3094_zpsxdkzvegd.jpg

Darkhorse:

Great looking setup. glad to see there are a few besides me that are Tandem.

might want to consider full fenders over the axles. A tire coming apart can do ALOT of damage to the front of

the 5th wheel.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Yea, I'm debating as to how much I want to invest into our tiny toter even though I have a bit of room left in my HDT budget. Have been thinking of possibly a custom full diamond plate body but still really sitting on the fence right now. The toter functions really well for our current needs, as it did the previous owners, so i have to ask myself then is the bed going to be more cosmetic in our case. Not really room for a Smart back there.

At first I was considering putting a smaller (in length) tank on the drivers side to accommodate a second frame mounted aluminum storage box like the one on the passengers side. But then I like the idea of having all that diesel on board because I'm seriously considering a diesel Onan as our electrical powerplant for boondocking, etc. I like the idea of there plenty of fuel when we get the hurricanes here in Florida and we go weeks without electric! We used to do a lot of hurricane disaster relief project (bringing in supplies and as onsite cold storage unit at the disaster site) and our genset ran nonstop for weeks.

I'm thinking of hard plumbing the diesel supply line to the back of the toter with a cutoff valve at the tank an inline primer pump for priming. Then connecting between the toter and fiver with a flexible line. That way I won't have to deal with running out of propane on a more often basis.

Marv and Connie had the two side and rear window installed when they built this HDT, plus customized the sleeper's interior. I think they did a fantastic job and were quite creative in their design.

Lead Campground Host at Ross Prairie Trailhead and Campground on the Cross Florida Greenway

Retired business owner

Author

2013 Redwood 36FB Fiver

100_3094_zpsxdkzvegd.jpg

Gary...congrat's on your truck! Many times when you have your pictures posted on a hosting site you can right click on the picture and "copy image url" then in the forum just click on the image icon and paste or "ctl v" which will post the copied url.

8YxLTFz.jpg

Darkhorse:

Great looking setup. glad to see there are a few besides me that are Tandem.

might want to consider full fenders over the axles. A tire coming apart can do ALOT of damage to the front of

the 5th wheel.

Full fenders are 3rd on my list of need to do's, I have "new" recaps on the rears so hopefully with monitoring I wont have to worry about a blow out before I can get the full fenders. Winning the lottery sure would make getting everything I want/need easier!

Nice looking rig Gary!

truckntrailer1.jpg

2006 Peterbilt 387 -2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950

Winning the lottery sure would make getting everything I want/need easier!

Ah, yes...the LOTTERY. I do have to start playing.....

I'd build a brand new 780 with Gregg's Phoenix hydraulic bed. Put a color matched new Brabus on the back. Or a new Spyder F3.

I'd pull a custom built Spacecraft semi trailer. All painted the same, of course. Or, maybe I'd build a custom featherlite trailer and get New Horizons to build out the interior.

OK...so when is the next drawing...... :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Full fenders are 3rd on my list of need to do's, I have "new" recaps on the rears so hopefully with monitoring I wont have to worry about a blow out before I can get the full fenders. Winning the lottery sure would make getting everything I want/need easier!

Nice looking rig Gary!

i put the minimizer 900 fenders on mine. if your axles are 60" apart , you need the extension piece and you will also need the mount kit.

i was in mine about $800ish including shipping for everything.

UGH. id ditch those recaps like yesterday... while recap technology has improved... all it takes is one on the front drive to come apart and more than likely will take out one on the rear drive before you get stopped. and then the damage it creates. Yes virgins can cause alot of damage too.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

QsUlaMb.jpg

Retired business owner

Author

2013 Redwood 36FB Fiver

100_3094_zpsxdkzvegd.jpg

Thanks RickS. It so easy when someone tells ya how to do it, and you can figure it out! LOL

Interior shots of how the bed in the sleeper was customized. Love it that it can be used as a comfortable seat for two extra passengers, and the notched out section of the bed can easily be replaced to nap on if need be. We really just needed a comfortable place for Abby the Boston Terrier to stretch out while traveling and not have to be on the hot/cold floor of the cab. 42" sleeper was all she needed! LOL

KzcwWlQ.jpg

Retired business owner

Author

2013 Redwood 36FB Fiver

100_3094_zpsxdkzvegd.jpg

Archived