New member saying hello

Darkhorse

Hello all, our family is new to the RV world though we researched for a long time. A short while ago we bought a 2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950 toyhauler. Picked it up in East Texas and took the maiden voyage to FL and then back home to NM. I have a one ton dually but we found out it was just not comfortable in any respect with that much trailer so I started my HDT search. Volvo's were looking good and were common but at the last minute I found a Peterbilt 387 that hit all the notes. Had not to big but not to small sleeper, microwave, fridge and inverter so I could easily register it as RV in NM. Still working on proper tail lights but will probably fix that with a Jackolopee. Anyway, this site had a lot of great information and the peaple are nice and helpful so I look forward to gleening more of your knowledge and hopefully one day will have learned enough to return the favor. Here's a pic of the truck (I didnt buy the flatbed ofcourse!) will post pics of the 5er when its cleaner!

post-51905-0-70250000-1431649051_thumb.jpgpost-51905-0-12021400-1431649052_thumb.jpgpost-51905-0-54417200-1431649052_thumb.jpg

truckntrailer1.jpg

2006 Peterbilt 387 -2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950

Welcome this is a wonderful place to pick up very useful information and have great conversations!

Coleen M. Elkins

Escapee Since August 2008

Full-time 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter

with one retired husband and two very sweet Border Collies

Wintering in Arizona 

Hi Darkhorse

Arrrgggghhhhh.

Looks like you got a nice "starter rig"!

And it sounds like you have already been reading the forums.......

SO , now it's time to post , post , post those questions you need answers to!

Welcome aboard and your oar is the third from the stern on the starboard side , hope you all will fit on the bench !

stay tuned

popeye

Archived