Carry a Full Workshop with you

Here is a very interesting product to carry with you in your RV. Though it does not give the weight on the website, it still looks like something that might be useful for some.

http://www.power8workshop.com/index.php

Cool! It reminds me of when I had a ShopSmith woodworking multi-tool. A ShopSmith does a lot more than the power8workshop, but costs a lot more too.

Like to check one out in person. Combine that much stuff at that price you start to worry about quality.

Did you watch the video? You get 1 table W/ 1 arm, 4 power heads that attach to 1 power body-including the light; all in 1 SST-clad case. That's not really cheap.

A DeLorean is SST-clad, and so are many tools in booths at county fairs. I only share that to make a point - not to disrespect a contributing member.

Is it 304 stainless or 316 stainless? How was it tempered? How are the motors in the heads wound? Nylon planetary gears in the drill - as specified on the website. What are the dimensions of the brushes on the DC motors, and are they serviceable? Is the charger optimized for the batteries, or was it the best deal available from a Chinese catalog? Where were the batteries (as well as the rest of the components) manufactured? The website clearly says "Designed and developed in the UK", but my Android an iPhony were designed and developed in the US - not manufactured there.

There's a huge difference in value, depending on how the product is manufactured vs. cost.

Look carefully at the specs. A common two-by-four is 1.75 inches thick - the only tool rated to take that in a single cut is the jigsaw. This is one of those products that hides its shortcomings in plain sight - leaving them plenty of room to dispel any claims of misleading representation. It's good for making birdhouses and jigsaw puzzles... maybe drill some aluminum... or make butter art.

A DeLorean is SST-clad, and so are many tools in booths at county fairs. I only share that to make a point - not to disrespect a contributing member.

Is it 304 stainless or 316 stainless? How was it tempered? How are the motors in the heads wound? Nylon planetary gears in the drill - as specified on the website. What are the dimensions of the brushes on the DC motors, and are they serviceable? Is the charger optimized for the batteries, or was it the best deal available from a Chinese catalog? Where were the batteries (as well as the rest of the components) manufactured? The website clearly says "Designed and developed in the UK", but my Android an iPhony were designed and developed in the US - not manufactured there.

There's a huge difference in value, depending on how the product is manufactured vs. cost.

Look carefully at the specs. A common two-by-four is 1.75 inches thick - the only tool rated to take that in a single cut is the jigsaw. This is one of those products that hides its shortcomings in plain sight - leaving them plenty of room to dispel any claims of misleading representation. It's good for making birdhouses and jigsaw puzzles... maybe drill some aluminum... or make butter art.

I'm getting ripped off. All 2X4s I buy are 1.50 inches thick.

Here's the CEL website with the price for the basic set, and at the bottom of the page is a link to the 86 page user manual in pdf. I just read it, pretty interesting but no weights. they can be called:

Contact Us

CEL USA

7260 Edington
Cincinnati,OH 45249

513-984-5590
513-985-1210
Email: support@insideservices.net

Check out their battery mower and the other Cel branded items. Must be new.

I'd call id you want weights tomorrow.

To make the grade in Canada, it would need CSA approval. Parts would probably be a problem, it's not like Dewalt or the other major brands where Service is available just about everywhere. Even American battery drills, some years ago, could not be repaired in Canada. So Canadians buying tools from the Tool Crib in Fargo got a nasty surprise when the tool went in for repair. The serial # gave them away. In my case it was the trigger, the Canadian trigger wouldn't fit. I wound up trading my 15.6v Panasonic drill in for the Milwaukee drill and driver kit. Even the best tools break or fail.

Bits and pcs would vibrate off and be laying all over the storage compartment.

Archived