Truck Deck Done ready for the season

RickS

Got to our destination yesterday........nice to get away from work. There may be some snow here tonight in the mountains but everything is working fine. One big change hauling the trailer now with deck and Smart Car is how much better the ride is. The weight really makes a big difference in the ride.

Banff%252520May%2525202015%252520truck%2

Banff%252520May%2525202015%252520truck%2

Looking Good,enjoy your time off!! Nice looking campground is it just over night? (funny weather) we have had 2 days this week with over night frost. Hope you have the winter gear...

bob

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

Damn...I wanna be there too Rick. :wacko:

Rig looks good.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

That looks sweet!!!!!! My son called from New Mexico & they got 10" in the mountains yesterday so he is skiing today, crazy weather.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Looks real good. Hope your weather is better than the storms we had last night near Kansas City.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

No weather due today or tomorrow when we leave. The lake did continue to rise today and is probably about another 4 inches higher than it was this morning when we left to go to church. We were told they started draining the lake a couple of days ago. But that may stop today as they are expecting other rivers down stream to crest later today. One of our neighbors started putting in sticks to figure how fast the water was rising. Will probably hitch today and pull to higher spot for the overnight.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

The rain near Kansas City Missouri last night was down right scary.

We were parked in a state park just off I-35 north of Kansas City and it was said they had about 4" of rain. All I know is it rained super hard starting at about 11pm and going nonstop to about 3am. We heard a couple of loud thuds on the roof of the trailer and thought for sure a tree had fallen. Kept getting flash flood texts on our phone. It was raining too hard to do anything about it. We were pulled nose into a gravel site downhill (not a pull thru) and there was no way I was going to try backing up blind in a torrential downpour at night. I kept my fingers crossed the HDT would weigh enough to not float away if it should start to flood and the trailer was still attached to the HDT.

Waited till the sun came up this morning before heading out to see if any damage. Just a lot of downed limbs, branches & leaves and no damage to the trailer or HDT. Storms just seem so much worse in a trailer, especially our tin can one!

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

The guys at church said, "If the water gets up around the tires - just put more are into them and your whole rig will float!" :D:lol:

Decided since we were going to put all that work into hitching and moving to higher ground, we'd just as soon leave. So we did. Now at Walter Johnson Park in Coffeyville KS. Just an overnight if I can pull into our spot in North TX tomorrow instead of Tuesday.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

Hey, Rocky!! We have room for you here. We are getting some rain, but nothing like "down there". And no tornadoes, lightning or wind :(

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Brother was up visiting from DFW area in Texas. Said all the lakes have re-filled except Bridgeport. It was down 21 ft due to the drought but now is down only 12 ft. Guess some of the drought has been broken?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hey, Rocky!! We have room for you here. We are getting some rain, but nothing like "down there". And no tornadoes, lightning or wind :(

Sure wish we were headed that way! But will be here in North Texas until Monday, and then down at the border for a few weeks.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

I know this doesn't relate to the deck but didn't know if it was worth starting a new thread. I bought a Ram mount for our Asus 10" tablets and installed it on the hand rail of the passenger side of the truck. My DW said it worked very well off the WiFi hot spot created by our Galaxy S5 phones and also works with the keyboards attached. I use Ram mounts on lot's of stuff including my motorbikes. Purchased from GPScity.ca here in Canada. The rail makes a perfect mounting location.

20150518_161446.jpg

You can also just mount the tablet to the dash "face" with velcro. Or mount it to a piece of plexiglass formed properly to support it and then mount that to the dash "face". Or, do as we do and simply use a case that allows landscape mode on a table and lay it on the top of the dash over the fuse area. If you think it moves too much put a small tab of velcro under it.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

So I take it your black beauty will be for sale if you are "jumping ship" to KW (a 680?)....or are you giving it to your brother :);)

www.jackdanmayer.com

Archived