Young (34yr old) single full-timer new to escapees

kiminsac

Hello everyone,

My name is Kim. I am 34 and have been full-timing for almost a year now in a Class A 36 foot rig. I am currently stationary in a suburb of Sacramento, CA but hope to get back in to travel nursing after I finish my Degree. I have been a nurse for 15 years, never married and have a small 5lb fur baby.

I am a little over whelmed by all the information here. Can any one tell me where to start to get plugged in to the escapees family? I registered with xscapers but that is about as far as I have gotten. I want to find more people in my area and find out about fun events and places to go to meet others. Would joining one of the BOF groups help with that? I guess i just need a crash course in how to use Escapees well. Any help would be appreciated.

Kim

First of all, welcome to the forums and also to the club. It is great to have you be a part of the group and even more so since you are one of those younger folks that we need so much. We will happily do all that we are able to assist and support you in your RV travels.

I would suggest that a good place to start might be Chapter 24, Gold Nugget chapter. In addition I suggest you check out the SOLOS, BoF as it is a singles group. While you are about it, look thorough all of the BoF groups and see if any of them appeal and feel free to contact them just to see if it is a good fit. The effort to bring back larger numbers of those in your age group is a fairly new program so please do allow time for the numbers of your age group to grow. Give us time as your generation is just beginning to play a major role in Escapees once more, but we were all once where you are and in many ways we envy you~!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kim,

Welcome

You might also consider RVillage - the various escapees groups use this site as a social gathering tool.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I use meetup.com to find local social activities, hikes, outdoor events, etc.

2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7L, 3.73, CC, DRW, 8' Bed, Reese Elite 25K, TST 507
2011 Carri Lite 36XTRM5, MORryde IS/ Pin Box, Hydraulic Jacks/ Brakes, 17.5" Wheels/ G114 Tires

Solar 960 watts, (2) 50amp controllers, 3,000 watt hybrid inverter/charger, 830 AH batt bank

WiFi Ranger Elite Pack; weboost Drive 4G-X

Archived