Lost one of our own today

gben

Like many others, we never met Toterman, but we were so greatly influenced and learned much valuable and helpful information from reading his posts early on in the researching and learning phases of our HDT adventure. We owe much to him for helping us make the decisions that would shape our future as part of this amazing family. Our sincere condolences to his family for their loss.

Tom and Sandy

Tom and Sandy

1999 International 9400

2012 Mobile Suites 38RESB3

2013 Smart4two Passion

2003 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

USN RET

I am truly saddened at David`s passing. David reached out to me when my RV dream was failing. He and his wife Ute opened their home to me and let me live with them for a month based on nothing more than a kindred spirit.

Over the years I have come to love them all. Their family is one with my own. The pain and sorrow runs deep. I know I speak for many of us when I say whatever is needed to help them through this, we are there, we are HDT.

Michael, his son, has his phone. There are commitments to the HDT community that David had made, that Michael may need help with.

If you see David`s phone pop up on your phone, it is Michael trying to make good on a promise that was made. Please answer and help if you can. I know one such commitment involves a tractor that belongs to one of our own who may need help themselves, John, if you are on the list please let us know what to do with the tractor. We are here to help.

I can only hope to be as good a friend to those around me as David was to me. I will miss him more than he can ever know.

Mark & Diane
Fulltimers class of 2018
2007 43' Space Craft - "Just Weight"
*Space Craft Evangelist*
2002 Volvo 770 - "Optimus Prime"
CEO VeloBene Bicycle Products, Inc.
www.RVNomad.com
SKP #91357 Lifetime

While I had never had the pleasure to meet him face to face have exchanged email and post here. He was always congenial and went the extra mile to help. He will be sorely missed and wish the family well in the troubling times. God Bless.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

while i never met him or his wife , its sad to loose one of our own.

Godspeed and Prayers sent to his family.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

I am truly saddened at David`s passing. David reached out to me when my RV dream was failing. He and his wife Ute opened their home to me and let me live with them for a month based on nothing more than a kindred spirit.

This is hard to believe. :(

David was a good friend as is Ute.

I'm shocked and saddened to read this as I feel as though I've lost my Best Friend as well as someone that I loved and considered to be like a Brother to me.

To show the type person David was, he reached out to my wife and I with an offer to wire us a fairly large sum of money when we evacuated New Orleans just prior to Katrina hitting the New Orleans area.

We had left our home in such a hurry that we couldn't get cash from our local bank before leaving town in addition to leaving the only credit card that could be used as debit card. Thankfully we found a bank about seventy five miles or so from the small town that we evacuated to that offered to cash our only check that we had with us which was from an out of town checking account therefore we didn't have to take Dave up on his generous offer.

In addition to that Dave and Ute offered us a place to stay in DE until our hose was livable again.

This was from people that my wife and I had only met and hung out with for a couple days at the Tampa RV show a few months earlier.

Over the past few years since my ongoing health problems have hit me I've turned to David on more than one occasion for someone to talk to when I've gotten depressed due to my health issues and mounting medical bills.

I will truly miss having David to talk to every couple of months.

Over the years I have come to love them all. Their family is one with my own. The pain and sorrow runs deep. I know I speak for many of us when I say whatever is needed to help them through this, we are there, we are HDT.

Michael, his son, has his phone. There are commitments to the HDT community that David had made, that Michael may need help with.

If you see David`s phone pop up on your phone, it is Michael trying to make good on a promise that was made. Please answer and help if you can. I know one such commitment involves a tractor that belongs to one of our own who may need help themselves, John, if you are on the list please let us know what to do with the tractor. We are here to help.

Hello Mark, as you may well know my back and leg issues negate me from being able to climb up into the cab of the Volvo now in addition to not being able to walk for anymore than a very short distance even with the use of a walker. :angry: .

David and Ute drove down to New Orleans towards the later part of last year and drove my VNL770 back to DE with the intention of purchasing it once his business picked up again.

I didn't see Gene's post about David's death until a little while ago in addition to not reading a text that Mike had sent me concerning David's death as I failed to raise the volume on my cell phone after leaving a Dr's appointment yesterday afternoon.

I'll get back with Mike later today to figure out what to do with the Volvo.

I can only hope to be as good a friend to those around me as David was to me. I will miss him more than he can ever know.

Mark, like you stated, David will surely be missed by many.

I would like Ute and the rest of her family to know that Mary and I are here to help out in any way possible.

Goodbye my Friend, I love you like a brother!

Jon
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . JonMary-ImprintMTShadow.jpg
. . 
Bodacious "aKa" BigBig ~ 2000 Turquoise Metallic VNL770
.  2003 6.0L C.C. DRW F-350. .    Dang Kid's - & - Their Toys. .                                1998 34' Citation Fifth Wheel

339121917.jpg

I live not far from Smyrna and if his son needs any help I would be more then happy to assist anyway I can, If someone would contact him and pm me here I would be honored to help. I am less then 30 minutes away.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

We are so sorry to hear of David's passing. Gail and I met David and Ute eight years ago and are privileged to be able to call them our friends. David will surely be missed.

Steve & Gail

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Dave & Ute were the reason we went to some of the east coast rallies. They just made each one special. Dave will be greatly missed.We first met at the first rally at Doonan's in Wichita. He & Ute worked very hard to get us organized.

Dave & Barb Mohr

2000 KW T2000(Bertha)

2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3

2003 Jeep Liberty toad

Fulltime since 1996

Very sad news. We parked next to David & Ute at the 2008 HDT Rally, and totally enjoyed his sense of humor and his "oldies" taste in music. We never managed to cross paths again, but have very fond memories of the days we shared at that rally. Prayers to Ute and the rest of their family.

Renee & Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

My deepest sympathy goes out to Ute and the family. I remember the day that Dave picked me up at the airport and Michael gave me a driving lesson on a super 10 speed transmission. God bless you Dave.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

RIP David and sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Captain, U. S. Marine Corps (Retired)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan VMI Equipped For Mom

2001 Dodge 2500 SLT V10

1977 M151A2 Military Jeep "Ma Deuce" & M416 Jeep Trailer

1965 Jaguar 3.8 S-Type aka "Miss Kitty"

http://www.mofrenchbulldogs.com

Adding my condolences to all his family and friends on their loss as well. I never got to meet him, but I always enjoyed his contributions here, and admired his trucks. RIP David...

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

Ute here-Micheal told me there was a thread for David and I was very touched to see that his life and kind heart have reached so many of you. Reading all your stories about him has brought me much comfort during this very difficult time. My Dave was definitely one of a kind. He was always willing to help anyone that needed anything and never expected anything in return. His time was too short here and we are missing him greatly. This has been a life altering event and hope all of you live life to the fullest of your abilities and squeeze your loved ones tight.

Much love to all,

Ute

Please stay in touch-

utecz@me.com (302) 450-6489 and I am on Facebook as Ute Begley Czetli

Looking at new opportunities !

2008 Ultra Classic

http://community.web.../user/toterman2

Archived