Theoretically it can work, but you need an internet source for it to work. You cannot count on park wi-fi to provide that type of data. You will have to have your own high speed internet such as cellular. You will burn through a lot of data streaming to the Roku. In other words it will be expensive.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

If you will be parked for a month or longer in one location some parks will offer cable internet just like home.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I use a Roku on the road. For data, I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan on my 4G phone. As others have said, the Roku works great but the problem is going to be data.

We have two Rokus, one in the front room and one in the bedroom. But like AprilWhine we, also, have a grandfathered unlimited plan. The actual data usage is more like 1GB/2 hrs of video because Netflix and the other streaming services vary the rate to match your internet connection's capabilities. With a cellular connection the data stream is rarely as high a bit rate as you would get using a home internet connection.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

With Netflix you can help by adjusting playback settings in the profile...

copied from playback settings page in the profile settings. Hulu and amazon also have settings to help control data limits. I believe that Auto is the setting Joel refers to. We have ours set to low and the video quality on a 720p 36" screen is just fine.

• Auto
  • Low (basic video quality, up to 0.3 GB per hour)
  • Medium (standard video quality, up to 0.7 GB per hour)
  • High (best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Archived