MaxxAir or Camco Vent Covers?

Desertswimmer

We have a new center roof vent that is opening by itself under high wind conditions. It does close, and seems to be shut good, no leaks. This has also now happened twice going down the road! Boy howdy did that wake me up driving. lol

We have decided to put a Vent Cover over it. Opinions on MaxxAir or Camco Vent Covers please. We do not plan to put in a fan as we have a fan on the bathroom vent. Thank you!

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

I prefer Camco's Aero-Flo vent covers for their larger vent area and easily removed top for cleaning. Our current coach came with MaxxAire covers installed though, and I have no plans to change them unless they get damaged.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

WE use a MaxxAire Turbo over the bathroom vent because we never close it. A practice from out boating days of always having some outside airflow in the rig. The Turbo doesn't allow rain in.

Two years ago we went through a serious hail storm and the extra body in the MaxxAire survived just fine.

An interesting thing, the bathroom vent cover, 7 years under the MaxxAire cover disintegrated from the sun. Even though we never close it, we replaced the lid which of course, because of age, required a new vent fan assembly. The sun can be rough.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Another vote for the Maxxaire's. Over the years, they seem to not become as brittle as some of the others I've had in the past. Actually have Maxxaire II's on this rig. Really great airflow... hinged for easy cleaning... love the translucent smoke color when the suns up. It puts a nice warm glow through the rig. :D

Archived