Problem with Windows 8.1 that is Driving Me Crazy!

I have an HP computer, running Window 8.1. I use a touch pad, and it is CONSTANTLY adjusting the size of the text up and down. As I am typing, I guess I am inadvertently sliding my thumbs or my fingers across the touch pad, and it will go from normal to HUGE or from normal to MINUSCULE. Is there any way to "Lock-In" the size and only change it "on purpose"?

Myself and my DW both thank you for your answer, unless it is "No". :rolleyes:

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Sorry,

Can't really help without playing around with it.

Check these out and try their ideas.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=touchpad+changing+text+size&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=ASJB

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

For the computer system itself: Check your touch pad's options, our Toshiba uses the ELAN driver and there are several options that can be toggled on and off.

I'm assuming you are referring to typing on a forum such as this one where its via your browser? If so, check your browser settings to see if you can "freeze" your zoom variable.

And here's another use for those silicon baking sheets. If not using the touch pad, simply slide the sheet over the touchpad area. That allows you to rest your hands on the area without it picking up any input. Slide it out when you need the touch pad again. (This is really helpful for me as I try to stay away from mouse/touch commands as much as I can)

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Go to Control Panel. Hardware and sound. Mouse. HP control zone settings. HP control Zone disable. Apply. No more funny stuff without the real mouse. On my HP the pad is a Synaptics SMBus TouchPad. Google is your friend. Device Manager -- Mice and other pointing devices.

2002 Mountain Aire DP 4064, 2013 CR-V Blue Ox tow bar Baseplate Light Kit

RoadMaster BrakeMaster supplemental braking
MotoSat MD500. House in Los Lunas, NM

Go to Control Panel. Hardware and sound. Mouse. HP control zone settings. HP control Zone disable. Apply. No more funny stuff without the real mouse. On my HP the pad is a Synaptics SMBus TouchPad. Google is your friend. Device Manager -- Mice and other pointing devices.

By golly it worked!! Thanks Wayne, and all of you others. I am no longer CRAZY--or perhaps I had better check with Claudia on that---

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Archived