mildew

Obviously the first step would be to see if you can find an obvious source and either correct or eliminate it. I purchased my 5er used and it always had a slight mildew/mold/musty kind of odor to it. I really never could find the source other than potentially being 'closed up' in a damper environment for some time. I finally bought one of these http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Build-Removal-Treatment-Generator/dp/B00632Y4VK/ref=pd_sim_hg_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1E7VA40GERVYV51JQW10 and have to say I am very impressed. Do NOT run this while people or pets are in the area. I did several treatments in various areas. I would run it with the RV closed up for an hour or two at a time while also running a dehumidifier. The nice thing about this is it can actually kill off the offending element not just mask it. For me this was money well spent and less than renting an ozone generator.

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

e9132d54-0b3a-4ebb-ae60-dd6b6d56e047_zps

I would check under the shower pan. There should be a vent or panel to access the underside and drain pipe. As a side note.. you should never stand directly on or near the drain when showering. The flexible nature of the plastic shower pans can flex under pressure and cause intermittent leaks. That would be my first guess anyway.

In damp environments, we use a product called DampRid which extracts moisture from the air. DampRid is more of a preventative measure. They can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Amazon, and a ton of other places.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

My first chore would be to locate and eliminate the source of the moisture causing the mold/mildew. Commercial products are sold that kill mold/mildew and do not have an after-smell. Concrobium mold and mildew controller is my choice.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My first chore would be to locate and eliminate the source of the moisture causing the mold/mildew.

Good advice. Unless your bathroom has very poor ventilation there must be some source of moisture beyond normal use of it which is causing the problem. Unwanted moisture is a very bad thing in most RV structural systems so this should be your first priority.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived