what airline for hayes?

PEIFamily

After searching through 37 results, and reading the resource guide I still am not 100% sure what airline to use on the install of the hayes on a 2006 Volvo 670.

I see Bill used the gray line, but Qlstar tried that one and had no luck? Anyone know the one needed for this year truck?

Tested the JACKALOPEE last night, works great, so got to bolt it to the truck tomorrow and need to get the hayes installed by Saturday when I need to move the RV 30 miles.

Thanks

Jason

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Just like the MakBrake and BrakeSmart Controllers, you want to use the air line to the Stop Light Switch. From the Tractor Protection Valve, this line is 1/4" Black.

In the Gen I Volvos, after going thru the firewall access, the Black line went to the Stop Light Switch. On the Gen II Volvos, the Stop Light Switch was moved to the pass thru manifold making the tap harder inside the firewall.

The reason for the Black Line from the Trailer Protection Valve is that it gets air pressure from either the right or left brake system. You can tape either the right or left system and it will work. The problem would be only in the extreme case where you lost one side and that is the one you picked for the Controller.

All this is covered in the Resource Guide conceptually. If you were looking for specific pictures of a Hayes Controller in a Gen II Volvo, you are out of luck as no one has submitted photos of their install.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived