Heartland Cyclone 4200 Toyhauler: Your thoughs about it?

The Few

Hello ANYONE!!

Does anyone have any experience with the new 2015 heartland Cyclone 4200 Toy hauler?

I'm in quest for a RV to tour the country in with my family, and this one looks particularly interesting..

I haven't had the means to check one out in person yet, but was hoping that someone could give me the (HONEST) pros and cons.. I would rather hear all the warnings from you guys first, before I go into any dealership blind and ready to sign anything!!

If there are suggestions/reccomendations for another rig, please share that information with me, but please also explain your justification as to why you would recommend the other rig vs the Cyclone 4200..

Thank you all, and be brutally honest with me because I only have one shot at this...LOL

The Few

IIRC, you're a little ways out from purchasing your truck, so that raised some questions:

Have you been to an RV Show so that you can walk thru the many different styles that are available?

I'm thinking find your favorite floor plan, the one that feels most comfortable for you, and has plenty of headroom in the bedroom, and then find the manufactures who builds that one, or will customize it to fit your needs.

Is this a full timers unit, or just for occasional tours around the country?

This really comes down to personal preferences, so you should end up getting a lot of personal feelings about everyone's own rig. Look thru as many fivers as you can and then search that floor plan and choose a builder.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

IIRC, you're a little ways out from purchasing your truck, so that raised some questions:

Have you been to an RV Show so that you can walk thru the many different styles that are available?

I'm thinking find your favorite floor plan, the one that feels most comfortable for you, and has plenty of headroom in the bedroom, and then find the manufactures who builds that one, or will customize it to fit your needs.

Is this a full timers unit, or just for occasional tours around the country?

This really comes down to personal preferences, so you should end up getting a lot of personal feelings about everyone's own rig. Look thru as many fivers as you can and then search that floor plan and choose a builder.

HERO MAKER sir,

The only reason why I MUST ask all of these questions instead of just going to my local dealer and taking a look at them myself, is because right now I am not even in your neck of the woods(hint, hint)... Otherwise, I would have found out a LOT of information myself without all the crazy questions to you...

I want to take on everyone's personal perspectives, because I listen to what people have to say.. BTW, My apologies for posting this on the HDT website, I think just from "force of habit" and I found myself defaulted to the HDT site.. I should have asked the "5th wheel forum folks" on their site... I'm certainly NOT trying to wear out my welcome here... (smile) But thank you for your input sir...

The Few

Are you planning on "full-timing", "part-timing", or just weekends and summer vacations?

1) weekend and summer vacations

What part of the country are you in!

2) Currently Germany...

Where do you plan to visit?

3) EVERYWHERE I can, no specific place, but I have a house in N.C (coastal), and some of my travel destinations will vary..

California (where I am originally from), grand canyon, Colorado, Florida, Niagara falls, Canada, Alaska, (ETC) I plan to wear my truck engine out before I die...LOL

The Few

HI, Thank you for your service!

No I think your in the right place. Nothing against the 5r forum but your interested in a BIG RIG and per capita there are more people here with big rig's, that I think would have the perspective you

require.

So keep those cards an letters coming . I for one want to give NEW-BE'S the benefit of our experience. The trucks and trailers are very complex and require a lot of information to be able to make educated

decisions. The more questions you ask the more familiar an comfortable you will be in your final selections. To make matters worse personal opinions and ideas tend to complicate the issues. JMHO.

HAPPY HUNTING and GOOD LUCK in your searches.

ROADFITTER

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

Are there any toy haulers out there that are truly all weather rigs? I have not seen any I would want to full time in..

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

few check out the heartlandowners.org forum page. A lot of good info there.

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with the new 2015 heartland Cyclone 4200 Toy hauler?

I'm in quest for a RV to tour the country in with my family, and this one looks particularly interesting..

Thank you all, and be brutally honest with me because I only have one shot at this...LOL

We started with a Heartland Cyclone 3950. It was a great trailer for us. Did have a couple of Towmax explosions - so I'd consider the optional tire upgrade if it makes $ sense.

You are touring with family? If you are going to be feeding a lot of folks you may want to think about counter top space for preparing food. If you have several kids you may want to consider getting a stackable washer & dryer.

In my experience the Heartland design team does a very good job using space. I haven't been there since I sold my Cyclone but the owners forum was a great place and had some good folks on it.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

I researched the Cyclone, along with the Keystone Fuzion Toy Haulers. While they ar both very well constructed, the Cyclone is probably better in some of the finer points, such as access for repairs and component placement. In the end, I wound up going with a Weekend Warrior, mainly because of the floorplans available at the time, 2010. We wanted to be able to put a four seat sand car or Jeep Wrangler inside and the WW was the only one that could handle that task.

Getting back to the original question, if you found a floorplans that will work for what you want to haul, I am sure you will be pleased with the build quality of the Cyclone, for the class of trailer it is in.

As a suggestion, check with Lakeshore RV in Michigan, they were 27,000.00 cheaper than anyone we could find on the Westcoast.

Good Luck and thanks for your service.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Take a look at a Grand Design Momentum toy hauler. I have a Grand Design Solitude 369RL and love it. Grand design is a new company that started business in late 2013. They are already the #3 trailer seller in the market. The owners have been in the business for years and they are a company that stands behind their product.

few check out the heartlandowners.org forum page. A lot of good info there.

Thank you banshee,

I have a question which is a bit off topic..

Your rear car hauler deck, who built it, and what are the specs??

I am particularly interested with this design because it is simple, functional, and I might even be able to incorporate a winch on it somehow..

Thank you!!

The Few

Take a look at a Grand Design Momentum toy hauler. I have a Grand Design Solitude 369RL and love it. Grand design is a new company that started business in late 2013. They are already the #3 trailer seller in the market. The owners have been in the business for years and they are a company that stands behind their product.

Thank you ATC boomer for your suggestion..

As you requested, I did take a look at the Grand Momentum toy hauler.. VERY NICE!!

I am not totally convinced on it's load carrying capacity, and not a fan of 2 axles on a toy hauler..

Please understand as well, that I have NOT seen this "in living color" but only online...

I did like the fact that it does have 2 1/2 inch walls and R-11 installation, but how is this equal or better than the cyclone 4200 sir??

Thank you for your input!!!

The Few

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 and I full time in it. I looked at several brands and found the the Cyclone and the Voyager from Dutchman to be my top two choices. Whatever you buy remember that most all use the same components. A Lippert frame, Dexter or Lipert axels and breaks, Atwood or Suburban hot water heater, Shure flow water pump, Norco or Dometric refer etc. also remember that whatever you buy will have some problems. I went with Heartland after being on their owners forum and seeing how they were with customer service and warranty repair. A good dealer is also important in this area so choose wisely and don't be afraid of not buying locally. Search the Internet for the best price. You will travel in it and be on the road when something breaks so a local dealer will be of no help for warranty repairs when you are far from home. Just call Heartland customer service for a referral to a dealer where you are at the time of the needed repairs. Also they now offer a Yetti package for cold weather if you are in need of that. I do also reccomend the tire upgread. Those China bombs are dangerous and they all use them. Regarding the back ramp door. Most rigs will have the one made by Libbert. Be careful of the weight of the vehicle. Motorcycles or quads are ok but cars may be too heavy. Some of those ramps have experienced cracking.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

" Regarding the back ramp door. Most rigs will have the one made by Libbert. Be careful of the weight of the vehicle. Motorcycles or quads are ok but cars may be too heavy. Some of those ramps have experienced cracking."

Don't know who made the door on my Weekend Warrior but found out pretty quickly that riding a Goldwing up the ramp was something I shouldn't have done, especially hitting the same spot each time. When I first got my trailer it had the axles turned over to give it more ground clearance out in the desert. Made a quite steep incline in the first place I parked for a winter. by the end of the first month I could feel the ramp starting to give and get soft. Never did break all the way through thankfully but I used multiple homemade quick fixes to keep that from happening. Have since replaced that Toyhauler, not sure how the new owner repaired the door.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

A few of the things to consider about this Heartland RV is:

-12" channel frame. On an RV of this length, I'd like to see a heavier frame.

- three 6000# axles. If may need bigger/better brakes.

- The tires are 16" E rated tires and probably Chinese manufactured. I'd prefer to have load range G tires.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Thank you ATC boomer for your suggestion..

As you requested, I did take a look at the Grand Momentum toy hauler.. VERY NICE!!

I am not totally convinced on it's load carrying capacity, and not a fan of 2 axles on a toy hauler..

Please understand as well, that I have NOT seen this "in living color" but only online...

I did like the fact that it does have 2 1/2 inch walls and R-11 installation, but how is this equal or better than the cyclone 4200 sir??

Thank you for your input!!!

The new Momentum toy haulers have 3 axles. My sales pitch is for their quality and company support. You won't find better mass production support from any of the other companies. My trailer has never been back to the dealership since purchase due to quality construction. If you on Facebook look for and join the grand design owners group on there. I know there are lots of momentum owners that would love to tell you why they went with Grand design over another manufacturer.

I have a eclipse toyhauler its supost to be four season ready but in the cold weather it seams cold but it does have a sixteen foot garage wish I had looked at more just be diligent on the specs you need and want and look at all options

Archived