Multiplexer/antenna/mirror issues

redcrzr

Multiple issues, unable to find the solution in the HHR Guide. I am changing out the drivers side mirror with a better used one. Rather than trying to take the full (rusted) mounts off I have opted to remove the "guts. I have taken out the 6 allen screws that hold the mirror on & now cannot remove the antenna fitting. Pretty much made junk

out of it. Would it be an option to cut the cable & splice? If so, where do I find the proper splice fittings? To add to the issue I fried the cable that ran to the CB all the way down to the box. That occurred on the way to the HDT Rally 2014. Ask my wife how exciting that was. Would a new/used multiplexer & cables be a better option and if so, where do I find one? I've been searching the truck parts on google with little or no luck.

Todd E.

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Al

I replied to your PM. I ended up cutting the antenna wire & putting in a "splice". Probably not the best but rust was an issue in the process. Thanks for your efforts.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Archived