How we spent our winter, new paint

qwcslvr1

We spent our winter getting a facelift on our toybox. Wife drew the design and picked the color scheme. Next the tractor !

couple of links below

Before and during : http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AYtGrhmzaM2JK

Finished and outdoors on a cloudy day back at the track : http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AYtGrhmzaM2Jb

" Life should Not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,

WOW what a Ride ! "

Sweet!! Hope you post the interior build as well!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, these are all I have now (from Mar. 2014) Have upgraded from the 47'' TV to a 70'' (our sitting area is about 25ft away), and getting most of the final trim work done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43676762@N04/sets/72157642598099963/

The Few, the trailer or the paint job?

spindrift, whatever we want ! usually a few toys and wife's PT Cruiser

" Life should Not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,

WOW what a Ride ! "

Very nice. I like some of your interior touches a lot.

What happened to your last trailer? If you just feel a "need" to build I have some "ideas".... ;)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, these are all I have now (from Mar. 2014) Have upgraded from the 47'' TV to a 70'' (our sitting area is about 25ft away), and getting most of the final trim work done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43676762@N04/sets/72157642598099963/

The Few, the trailer or the paint job?

spindrift, whatever we want ! usually a few toys and wife's PT Cruiser

I was inquiring about the paint job... But now that you mentioned it, also the trailer as well please...

The Few

Wow, great job!

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

4a8a58ec-58d7-48af-b0d7-9dd42cf5b43a_zps

Sorry so late in replies to questions (Track keeps me busy)

Jack, we've had this trailer since summer 08. We are definitely going to build another trailer we are just trying to decide to go either UP or OUT or BOTH. I would love to hear your ideas. If you would like I will PM you my #.

Ronbo, those door covers you speak of were actually foldout patios 21'x8' and 17'x8'. They were very heavy and required a winch system to use making them not as user friendly as we liked ,so, we have designed a lightweight multi-panel system that will be able to be lowered and raised manually a section at a time without major effort.

The Few, There are several different ways to negotiate a paint job, The painter I used is very fair priced. I personally negotiated a deal where he quoted me all labor and I agreed to pay for materials directly. There are several levels of pricing in materials (single stage, metallic single stage, cheap paint, high end ,on and on and on) I personally opted to spend more on the materials to ensure good color and long life. I used base coat/clear Dupont minimum of 3 or more coats of each color and the clear. I also went with the best UV protectant clear coat for long color life. All that said, I still haven't added it all up but figure I'm probably only in the $12ish to $14,000. range all inclusive. when totally completed we will price this trailer around $97,500.

Anne and I would like to thank everyone for their positive comments.

WOW what a Ride ! "

Archived