DRV Shake up

s106300

For those considering mods to a DRV, be aware that there has been a "shake up" at DRV and they have lost staff, resulting in very slow response time. Their VP of sales, Kyle, is at the helm now and is much more reticent to do special modifications to the units. This approach appears to have taken our RV dealer by surprised and they don't seem pleased either. Mods that were accomplished for previous customers are now being declined by DRV. We have been kept at bay for a month now with no firm commitment (or price for the mods) and are not too happy!

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

Have we seen Thor make any changes for the better on any company that they have taken over. It was a matter of time and it was not a long time.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Yeah, we are beginning to get that vibe. Wish there was an easy solution.

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

It irradiates a lot of us but the market is to blame. As long as 90% of the market want cheapest units they can buy this is just going to continue.

Amen.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

That is common knowledge. But Heartland bought DRV. Heartland is calling the shots.

And Thor is calling the shots for Heartland.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

For those considering mods to a DRV, be aware that there has been a "shake up" at DRV and they have lost staff, resulting in very slow response time. Their VP of sales, Kyle, is at the helm now and is much more reticent to do special modifications to the units. This approach appears to have taken our RV dealer by surprised and they don't seem pleased either. Mods that were accomplished for previous customers are now being declined by DRV. We have been kept at bay for a month now with no firm commitment (or price for the mods) and are not too happy!

Just now got back in country.... When did this start and what mods did they not want to make? You know everything we had done in our unit and it didn't seem to be a problem at all then.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Just a thought to file away: Could Indiana Interstate Enterprises/CrossRV (Paul & Kay Cross) accomplish the mods for you after delivery? David

David & Donna Driver, Class of 2010
2017 Ford F350 Platinum CC DRW 4x4
2011 MS 36RSSB3 w/Vanity Slide

Check with Kansas RV Center. This was the o;d NuWa plant and they can do lots of modifications.

Ken

I know a lot of the modifications they were wanting to make as they were in our trailer looking at the changes we made and added some additional ones for their use (including a few I wish we had thought of). A lot of those involved cabinet changes, changes to wall openings, cabinet depths and the like which would be crazy to rip out and rebuild...

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I'm afraid it is the way the industry is going. We own a Hitch Hiker 363RSB. When they closed their doors we happened to be at the factory to have some items added to the rig. I had a long conversation with the owner Mike Mitchell about why they were shutting down. In a nut shell, as others have already stated, most RV buyers are most interested in price. He said they don't care to hear about the frame, the structure etc. Our rig was 100k when we bought it and he said they see other brands with larger rigs for 70k so that's the way they go.

Yeah it is a problem even in the full custom rigs. The first thing I typically hear when anything about cost is discussed is why a custom coach is not priced like a DRV. Well, it could be. But then you would not get the infrastructure and features of the custom coach. The high end market is limited, and DRV was a very nice alternative if you did not want to go full custom. Probably not any more....at least to a lot of people.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Mine is in paint as we speak. We did a bit of customs to our unit. Kyle has been very kind and help full when ever I have called. I know that Ryan left. i can not remember where he went to. Here are my build pics http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/2016-38rsb3-build-1447.html

I also had Thor owners open a DRV section on there forum. The mod there really knows how to run a forum there.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I just joined that site and unfortunately it reads like "Praise Thor" to me. Sorry to be negative but that is what I read.

Not sure what you mean? It is an owners group and I think Thor watches and posts on the forum. Always GREAT if a manufacture will monitor owners forums.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived