New HDT owner - 1999 Volvo VNL 610

CHIEFWAHO

A fellow wheeler! Nice

20150405_084828_zpsfii79lna.jpg

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

4a8a58ec-58d7-48af-b0d7-9dd42cf5b43a_zps

Wow.......sounds like the start of a new "M11 Club".......Our old FL has a M11 /370/ 1350 / 10 spd "roadrager" and we are as happy as a pig-n-mud (old FL saying).

Little engines and 10 or 13 manuals are not for everyone........ but once you "fall into the gear grove" life can be very good......

We have a few spots of real properties out her in the Western states and one "spot" we own in Bend OR used to be on a hill overlooking the large sawmill that was what Bend was about for 75 years.........Fast forward to today...... and the sawmill powerhouse office is now Victoria's Secrets (sp?) anyhow suffice to say the old sawmill crews eyes would .......well really bug out these days.......

Our Bend "spot" still has our old truck shop and a OLD small home on about 1.5 acres and is now nearly in the center of a pretty preppy /yippy hood" with lots of newer homes on tiny lots with big mortgages........so......not the best "HDT hood"........

Here is my method to fit my old FL into the "New Hood"......... as soon as I take the off-ramp off of the local parkway (45 mph) I take my foot off of the throttle.......for the rest of the trip I NEVER touch the throttle.......I coast to the next corner float to third gear round the corner and as the tach settles at 700 I float 4 then at 700 float to 5th than at 700 float to 6th then I idle past our driveway to the end of Reed Lane then float down to 5 then down to 4th then around the turn-around and around the low hanging branches and then float down to 3rd and then float down to 2nd as I sweep the rt turn into our ally then coast down to the end to my parking spot......Whew......It's harder to write it up than to drive it....

Anyhow our old FL is liked in the hood because everyone marvels how MUCH LESS noise it makes than the UPS delv vans, garbage trucks and the Big Box store delv. trucks.

I tell the folks oh ya it's a "Special RV feature called Stealth-Mode"..............

No-throttle-stealth-mode keeps the "hood happy"......keeps the "DollyMomma Happy"," Dolly-the-paint-horse-seems-Happy" so whet the heck I might as well be happy........

No throttle / float the tranny ops are not for everyone but it works here in the "hood".........

Little engines and man trannys still have some life left.........

Welcome aboard......enjoy the ride......

Cheerz

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Maiden voyage hauling a couple of our Scramblers.

The off-road park was only an hour but it was a fun drive.

11167681_889255914464126_112870591139458

Chief, I was looking at this picture and I just had to ask...better to know before rather than during...can you change the rear tires with the bed like that?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Chief, I was looking at this picture and I just had to ask...better to know before rather than during...can you change the rear tires with the bed like that?

Yes sir! Pretty slick design by Bill R. There are removable panel between the 2 tool boxes on each side.

The truck included a long 3/8" drive extension, socket and ratchet to access the bolts to remove the panel.

I do need to pull the panels off each side just to do it and probably put some anti-seize on the bolts.

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

As a kid....the guy next door had a Hudson Dbl H-Power with........3/4 fender skirts.....real chick magnet.......

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

In between rains this past weekend we removed the motorcycle lift and checked out the removable fender skirts.

Removable%20Fender.jpg

Also removed the rear bed deck center cover plate to check out the generator.

8000W%20Kubota%20Generator%201.jpg

Extra truck and generator filters and misc items.

Extra%20Filters.jpg

Air repair kit.

Extra%20Air%20Fitting%20Line.jpg

Also have some reading to do, full service manuals and receipts from original build. There are even hand sketches for bed and tool box design.

Factory%20Manual%20Tub.jpg

WOW. Nice "extras".

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

WOW. Nice "extras".

That's a serious generator! Nice.

8000 watt 3 cyclinder Kubota, has 50 and 30 amp plug ins on the end of the truck bed.

There is also a 30 amp input with a short jumper cable that sends power to the trucks plugins.

This will really be nice for all the repair work we do on our Jeeps.

The truck went to the shop this week for service and a few other little things.

Archived