Looking High, Low & Out West. Deeded Class A Site Wanted. Colorado.

:rolleyes: Want to Purchase or Long Term Lease: :rolleyes:

Class A Motorhome Resort Site or other parcel or site not restricted from temporary or long term RV use.

Must have easy access and all utilities (at least available near by to bring in).

Mostly spring though fall use, yet need to be able to get out of got caught by snow unexpectedly.

Want a real Colorado experience with view, water and reasonable proximity to services yet far enough away from city life.

Looking west of Denver; south of Estes Park; east of the High Rockies and north of Colorado Springs...yet interested in what you have as long as it's not in the desert.

Many thanks!

post-51610-0-91616900-1430072963_thumb.jpg

South Park in Park county has some lots set up for RV's. We just looked at 11 treed acres with full hookups. It also provides access to several miles of private stream fishing and 2 ponds. The realtor said technically the RV should only be there 6 months a year but many have their rigs there year around. Winters are cold there.

South Park in Park county has some lots set up for RV's. We just looked at 11 treed acres with full hookups. It also provides access to several miles of private stream fishing and 2 ponds. The realtor said technically the RV should only be there 6 months a year but many have their rigs there year around. Winters are cold there.

Smiling at the notion of living in South Park versus watching it on TV. :o We've come across this park before and their "No Dog" policy and being a bit to too close to Metro Denver takes them out of our consideration. And "yes" winters are cold in Colorado, yet there's nothing like its Springs and Falls. Thanks again.

Smiling at the notion of living in South Park versus watching it on TV. :o We've come across this park before and their "No Dog" policy and being a bit to too close to Metro Denver takes them out of our consideration. And "yes" winters are cold in Colorado, yet there's nothing like its Springs and Falls. Thanks again.

Just to be clear I am talking about Park County near Jefferson, CO. About 90 minutes SouthWest from Denver on hwy 285. Spans about 2200 sq miles.

Randy Retired...Thanks for being clear. I did misunderstand the location you were pointing to. Do you have an address or a web site that I can get a closer look? Did find another in the general area of Pikes Peak, yet not treed.

GABELL,

There are a number of properties available from small lots to large acreage in South Park Colorado. The realtor we visited told us that that RV's are accepted but technically only 6 months a year. However many leave their RV year around without a problem. Park County is one of only a few counties in Colorado that allows this outside of RV parks. In any case I found a lot of properties by Googling South Park CO and then selecting realtor.com. There is a search symbol with a + sign at the top of the page that allows one to filter the results or there is an app.

The property I referenced in my first post is 11 acres in Lost Park Ranch that is completely surrounded by National Forest and has some nice homes. It is already set up for an RV and has some special private fishing rights. It is just coming on the market for around $ 92,000. Other smaller lots are available there such as 2 acres for $29,000 but needs utilities completed. We contacted Jefferson Real Estate. 800 686 0822. This is in the mountains so summers are really nice but of course winters are cold. Skiing is an hour or less away.

Good information. I called the RE number listed and Kevin told me the property is about 2 hours from Denver. If anyone has a suggestion I am looking for an RV site near Highlands Ranch, Denver area. We will have grandkids in the area and have only been able to stay at two state parks for 2 weeks each. Thanks for your help and suggestions. Property or RV lot rental???

Safe Travels!

I live in Parker CO and I think you will be hard pressed to find anything close to Highlands Ranch or Denver area

for an RV other than a RV park. Highlands Ranch is very home/business developed now.

You might want to look around Morrison which is about a 45 minute drive west of Denver?

• 3 months later...

Following! We're looking for the same thing. DW and I have decided to move to the Denver area and we think we might like to do it by RV at first while we get our bearings and then figure out where we'd like to buy a small home as well. We'd love to be exactly where you guys are looking - Highlands Ranch, west Lakewood, etc. I really don't want to be couped up in a campground if we can avoid it since we will be showing up with a 5th wheel, two cars, a motorcycle, and two small dogs. I am not sure how tolerant a campground would be of all of that "stuff" anyway.

What about finding an individual with RV hookups on his private land that would rent you some space? Seems like a needle in a haystack, but it might be out there.

Following! We're looking for the same thing. DW and I have decided to move to the Denver area and we think we might like to do it by RV at first while we get our bearings and then figure out where we'd like to buy a small home as well. We'd love to be exactly where you guys are looking - Highlands Ranch, west Lakewood, etc. I really don't want to be couped up in a campground if we can avoid it since we will be showing up with a 5th wheel, two cars, a motorcycle, and two small dogs. I am not sure how tolerant a campground would be of all of that "stuff" anyway.

What about finding an individual with RV hookups on his private land that would rent you some space? Seems like a needle in a haystack, but it might be out there.

Still on the ground in Georgia. Just returned from Colorado from looking around. Here's what I know: places to park your RV for living in Colorado is difficult and the ones that are available are more like trailer parks, which is not what we want. The vast majority of places where RV living is allowed in CO is southwest of Denver and over towards Utah. Even then, many places restrict use to temporary camping or only for 6 months a year. Most likely governed by the winter months which would be difficult at best to survive in a RV. To be anywhere near where we wanted to be, we determined we'd need to find or build a small home to use in conjunction with the RV. So basically, the RV would be parked and not in use more than being used as guest accommodations or maybe an office. We didn't see having a house and then still living in the RV to any degree was likely. Next was "being where we wanted to be in CO": Most of the available land that "tolerates" RV living is in the wide open, flat areas of Colorado. These areas are sparse and great for the sportsman, yet really too far away from the basic needs of life, like food and medical (something that you think about when you pass 60). So our conclusion, it'll take aa small home with RV hook-up that we will pursue with the intention to travel as we do now while we live in a house when not. If you come to that conclusion, then next on the list is finding Colorado land that is somewhat unaffordable if it also offers beauty, views, trees, water and some basic living conveniences close by. This does reduce the options somewhat and pushes your attention back south. The areas you mention West of Lakewood is where we'd like to be but isn't panning out for many reasons. Mostly as it's the choose land for tourism. What looks to be the best is SW of Denver, Pike's Peak and Park County or it's off the the high desert as you travel west. Maybe Montrose or Ouray...close to Durango in the SW corner there are some oasis' there, but different than out I-70. Last and not least...the winter has to be considered. If there's no home with a wood stove in your picture, then the reality of going south as the winter moves in becomes a real point to consider. More to come...

I looked west of CO Springs in 2011. There is one near Buena Vista and if I remember correctly it was near 8,000 feet so it should be

cool. But it is not a MH only site and I would think that you wouldn't want to be there in the winter. It was in a co-op RV park and the one that I was looking at

was big with full hookups and it was about $20,000. There were others in the $25k to $30k range. I am at work and not near my paperwork for that RV park.

I will go home and look it up if you are interested?

Still on the ground in Georgia. Just returned from Colorado from looking around. Here's what I know: places to park your RV for living in Colorado is difficult and the ones that are available are more like trailer parks, which is not what we want. The vast majority of places where RV living is allowed in CO is southwest of Denver and over towards Utah. Even then, many places restrict use to temporary camping or only for 6 months a year. Most likely governed by the winter months which would be difficult at best to survive in a RV. To be anywhere near where we wanted to be, we determined we'd need to find or build a small home to use in conjunction with the RV. So basically, the RV would be parked and not in use more than being used as guest accommodations or maybe an office. We didn't see having a house and then still living in the RV to any degree was likely. Next was "being where we wanted to be in CO": Most of the available land that "tolerates" RV living is in the wide open, flat areas of Colorado. These areas are sparse and great for the sportsman, yet really too far away from the basic needs of life, like food and medical (something that you think about when you pass 60). So our conclusion, it'll take aa small home with RV hook-up that we will pursue with the intention to travel as we do now while we live in a house when not. If you come to that conclusion, then next on the list is finding Colorado land that is somewhat unaffordable if it also offers beauty, views, trees, water and some basic living conveniences close by. This does reduce the options somewhat and pushes your attention back south. The areas you mention West of Lakewood is where we'd like to be but isn't panning out for many reasons. Mostly as it's the choose land for tourism. What looks to be the best is SW of Denver, Pike's Peak and Park County or it's off the the high desert as you travel west. Maybe Montrose or Ouray...close to Durango in the SW corner there are some oasis' there, but different than out I-70. Last and not least...the winter has to be considered. If there's no home with a wood stove in your picture, then the reality of going south as the winter moves in becomes a real point to consider. More to come...

Thanks for summarizing your findings so far -- not what I was hoping to hear, but kind of what I was starting to suspect after just a few hours of Internet research -- without even being there. We are still of working age and really want to use the Denver area to make money while also home-basing out of Denver for lots of long weekends. DW is a Nurse in the VA system, so what we really want is for her to work in a VA Hospital and work three 12 hour shifts. We could also choose another town that is big enough to have a VA Hospital (as opposed to a VA outpatient clinic since those don't offer three 12 hour shift work). I'm in technology doing contract work from home and we're hopeful that I can figure out how to work similarly to her. With creative scheduling of her three 12 hour shifts, we can get lots of time to play in the mountains. I am hopeful that I can figure out how to not have to work the standard M-F 8-5 shift.

With that said, our second option is somewhat similar to yours... a small house and then an RV for long weekends. We need this:

- To be close to a VA Hospital (Lakewood would be perfect).

- To be in a neighborhood that allows RV parking and will tolerate my toys (RV, the tow vehicle, a Jeep, motorcycles, etc). -- That would take the form of a huge garage, or an outbuilding ideally.

- A neighborhood that doesn't tell me what color to paint my mailbox. I do not get along with HOAs and Deed Restrictions.

- Ideally Denver instead of another town since we want quick access to a big airport.

- I'd love to have a couple of acres or more, but I don't know if that's doable in our budget.

So, that's where we are -- just getting started on this research but we're anxious to move to the Denver area.

Metro Denver is among the most expensive areas in CO which is turning into one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country. A basic, basic house will run you at least $300,000 in any neighborhood where you would feel comfortable living.

A couple of acres, decent size house, large garage.

Budget around a million or so. If you can find if.

TravelRider...

Yes that's pretty much the short of it. We have family in Layayette who work in Boulder. They're young and just bought a starter home in very rough condition, in a so-so neighborhood, small lot (certainly no room to park a RV), paid more than listed price and had to fix it up. Price $245k. There are lots of great towns close to Denver: Loveland, Longmont and even Fort Collins as you leave the city north. But the reality being, the closer to a large and increasingly popular destination for the young employed, prices are only going to go up. We're kinda, semi-retired, so we can push out and away a bit further, yet still feel the need to stay within a reasonable distance to reality. If you can think further out and still want a sense of development and amenities: look at Leadville and north/west of Silverthorne. Both about 2 hrs from Denver and still have some pockets of reasonable priced property to offer. Might be time to grab a piece of what you want for the weekends and then something suitable for the weekdays when work calls? If you'd consider what our cousin did, it's increase in value is pretty much a given.

Archived