Leveling jacks problem

Pierre1952

Just picked-up my 2012 Wildcat re and are both excited in starting our new life. This is our first fifth wheel so we are in the learning process. Our RV is parked in our driveway which has a small incline. I unhooked the RV from the hitch, so far all goes well. Pulled truck away, so far so good. Now I brought my leveling jacks all the way to the bottom because I was not leveled. Now I tried bringing jacks up a bit but it wouldn't go up. So I brought it up a bit manually. I pushed on electric switch and nothing happends, won't go up or down. I checked the fuse to see if it could have been blown out, but fuse is good. Am I doing something wrong here or could the motor be deffective. Thanks for you reply, every little help is appreciated

Check your battery to make sure you are fully charged and/or plug the trailer into shore power. If your jacks are hydraulic check to see if they are topped off.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Is there a thermal circuit breaker, perhaps in the battery box area, between the batteries and electric feet? Check for a small 2 or 3 inch cube with heavy wires attached that might have a flag or reset level sticking out. If so push the lever down. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Did you chock the wheels before unhooking? I learned a long time ago to always chock on even the slightest incline. That forward or backwards pressure on your jacks. When you say electric do you mean totally electric or electric over hydraulic?

What controller do you have? Who's system is it? Lippert? Big Foot?

There are so many combinations of landing gear out there.... Give us some more info please.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Im pretty sure by that the OP has an electric motor driving the legs. Thats the way my Bighorn was.

I'm thinking that you are going to need to get out your multi meter and see where you do and don't have 12 volts. It could be a fuse just before the motor ( somewhere in that circuit you will have a fuse ). Or it could be a faulty switch.

My fifth wheel was heavy and I found that the motor was overworked so I did a mod and changed the setup so that I had a motor on each leg with a separate switch. I also think they cheap out with the wire size as well.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived