Sign in to follow this  
dgxco

Apple Valley Farm Resort Lot - Lake Lure NC

RV Resort Lot In Lake Lure NC

Apple Valley Farm #117

Cool Mountain Nights and Warm Sunny Days!!

$35,000.00 firm

Maint Fee $175.00 month plus low taxes and Electric, water/sewer

Large Concrete Pad with Private Grass Area

View Of Private Lake and Close to Water Wheel

Includes: Use of Club House with Laundry,

Pontoon Boat on Lake Lure (Fee)

2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool

2 Golf Courses (fee)

Sand Beach On Lake Lure

Numerous Restaurants with 1 within walking distance

2 Rally's per year

Close to Chimney Rock, Asheville and Biltmore Manor

A beautiful Motorcoach only resort

www.applevalleyfarm.com

For Information Contact dgxco1(at)yahoo.com

post-27228-0-94283200-1429889149_thumb.jpg

I think I read somewhere once that 5ver owners are thought of as second class citizens. Is this really true? Should I expect thins on my travels across the US?

All of the park operators have the right to make their own rules and to market to the group that they feel is best. Most "motorhome only" parks are also ones which will not allow those in mid to low priced motorhomes in either. They are typically very expensive as compared to other parks in the neighborhood. In this particular case, Apple Valley Farm is very small with only 46 total lots and expensive with fees of $2100/year even if you are never there. The RV world is no different than any other type of living in that some neighbor hoods choose to be exclusive and to maintain social barriers. A few of the folks who own more expensive motorhomes consider themselves to be of a better class than the typical RV owner but owning a fifth wheel has little to do with it. We have seen at least one park in our travels that only allowed fifth wheels and no other type of RV. We have also been excluded from a park because it was for "Airstreams only" and didn't allow any other make of RV inside. Most common of the restricted parks would be the 55+ parks but there are also some that cater to families with children and will get an raised eyebrow if you come in and don't have any.

Don't build barriers where there are none now. Just go out and enjoy the RV lifestyle as most of these restricted parks are place you would not want to stay anyway. :P