cleaning camper stripping wax

I washed our Teton with car wash with wax. It looked good except where the streaks from roof oxidation were. Now it is waxed over. Need to get wax off to remove streaks. Dumb on my part.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Try this product called Beast Wash from Wade Maid products. It will strip off the wax when you use a strong solution. If the coach needs buffing out afterwords use their Finish Restorer with Wax. You can also "ask Wade" http://www.wademaid.com/ If you buy on line use coupon code rvweigh for a 10% discount.

Beast wash link: http://www.wademaid.com/product_beast_wash.php Rejuvenator link: http://www.wademaid.com/product_rv_finish_restorer.php

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Yea got some mold too on roof. Got real wet here in south Texas this winter. Need to kill it too. molding, roof. Thanks everyone. Had not thought of alcohol. Got plenty of that.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yea got some mold too on roof. Got real wet here in south Texas this winter. Need to kill it too. molding, roof. Thanks everyone. Had not thought of alcohol. Got plenty of that.

Dont use the stuff you drink ! Rubbing compound should get wax and streaks

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Does anybody else have any thoughts about Beast Wash ? Does the stuff really work like you see in the videos ? I would like to clean the roof of my 5th wheel.

Thanks for some input,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

RV cleaning products are a lot like weight loss pills. Everyone is looking for one that will do the job well without any effort or hard work on their part. I doubt that such exists but opportunists sure make a lot of money peddling the latest fad!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

RV cleaning products are a lot like weight loss pills. Everyone is looking for one that will do the job well without any effort or hard work on their part. I doubt that such exists but opportunists sure make a lot of money peddling the latest fad!

I was thinking the same thing. Very nicely said.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

• 3 weeks later...

Try this product called Beast Wash from Wade Maid products. It will strip off the wax when you use a strong solution. If the coach needs buffing out afterwords use their Finish Restorer with Wax. You can also "ask Wade" http://www.wademaid.com/ If you buy on line use coupon code rvweigh for a 10% discount.

Beast wash link: http://www.wademaid.com/product_beast_wash.php Rejuvenator link: http://www.wademaid.com/product_rv_finish_restorer.php

I am considering using their products. I'm especially interested in the rejuvenator. I have a 39' 5er that Lord knows when the last time it was waxed. I called the company and I've bought the buffer that they sell. It is a Harbor Freight model and I bought it from HF for $39. Have you used it and what did you think?? I'll probably get their kit that has the Beast Wash, 2 of the rejuvenators and the spot remover but it is about $150...ugh

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

e9132d54-0b3a-4ebb-ae60-dd6b6d56e047_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay in revisiting this thread. The products work well and as shown on their videos. I am in the process of buffing out my coach with Rejuvenator and passers by are amazed at the difference. If you want the polish job to last longer get the Wade Wax and use it on the rig. Also, when buffing your fiberglass finish with Rejuvenator be sure the buffer speed is at the highest speed. The product as well as the fiberglass need the heat and it will be hard to damage the fiberglass. Did you also buy a wool cutting pad for the buffer from H Frt, if not you will need it.

If you want your truck/car to look like new, turn the buffer speed to medium and use Rejuvenator on the vehicle. Be careful not to linger in one spot as that finish does not like the heat and you can burn it. Once you hav buffed out the vehicle coat it with Wade Wax and it will look like new. BTW, you can use Rejuvenator and your buffer on high speed to polish out your head lights, tail lights too, but at a slightly lower speed. When you order use coupon code rvweigh to get 10% off.

2002 Itasca Horizon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Sorry for the long delay in revisiting this thread. The products work well and as shown on their videos. I am in the process of buffing out my coach with Rejuvenator and passers by are amazed at the difference. If you want the polish job to last longer get the Wade Wax and use it on the rig. Also, when buffing your fiberglass finish with Rejuvenator be sure the buffer speed is at the highest speed. The product as well as the fiberglass need the heat and it will be hard to damage the fiberglass. Did you also buy a wool cutting pad for the buffer from H Frt, if not you will need it.

If you want your truck/car to look like new, turn the buffer speed to medium and use Rejuvenator on the vehicle. Be careful not to linger in one spot as that finish does not like the heat and you can burn it. Once you hav buffed out the vehicle coat it with Wade Wax and it will look like new. BTW, you can use Rejuvenator and your buffer on high speed to polish out your head lights, tail lights too, but at a slightly lower speed. When you order use coupon code rvweigh to get 10% off.

Great news. How often do you have to clean the wool pad and how do you clean it??

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

You will be able to see that the wool pad is getting dirty. I carry a small bucket that the pad will fit into. I put a cap full of Beast wash into the bucket and put about 1/2 to 3/4 gal of water in it. Dunk the wool pad into the water and let it soak for a minute or two then take it out, give it a good scrubbing with my hand and then swish it around in the soapy water for 30 - 60 seconds. It will be clean. Hose it off with high pressure spray and then put it back onto the buffer. Turn on the buffer in short bursts and then a long one to spin out the water but be sure you are clear of everything. Watch the videos on wademaid.com to see how to use the buffer and product.

Just today I met a person with the same coach as we have and he couldn't believe how nice our fiberglass looked. He asked me what I used on it and I told him about the Finish Restorer with Wax.

Happy Trails

2002 Itasca Horizon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

You will be able to see that the wool pad is getting dirty. I carry a small bucket that the pad will fit into. I put a cap full of Beast wash into the bucket and put about 1/2 to 3/4 gal of water in it. Dunk the wool pad into the water and let it soak for a minute or two then take it out, give it a good scrubbing with my hand and then swish it around in the soapy water for 30 - 60 seconds. It will be clean. Hose it off with high pressure spray and then put it back onto the buffer. Turn on the buffer in short bursts and then a long one to spin out the water but be sure you are clear of everything. Watch the videos on wademaid.com to see how to use the buffer and product.

Just today I met a person with the same coach as we have and he couldn't believe how nice our fiberglass looked. He asked me what I used on it and I told him about the Finish Restorer with Wax.

Happy Trails

Thanks for the input. I have called the WadeMaid company and they have assured me that their kit with 2 bottles of the rejuvenator will be more than enough for my 5th wheel. I have actually been dreading doing this. Its going to be like waxing a frickin house but I did get a quote from a company that will buff it out and hand wax it...............for $1,200 dollars!!!!!!! Suddenly doing it myself doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

For stripping wax and other build ups. Good old Dawn dishwashing liquid has enough alkaline in it to do so. Dark streaks, even on aluminum, can be removed with a light (start light, and step up to medium only if needed) grit polisher.

Very important after doing any extra cleaning of black streaks, to again wash those areas with Dawn.

This will allow for a good bond between wax of your choice, and the surface.

And while we're on the subject, let me tell you about a diet pill that not only sheds the pounds - but it build muscle mass too. Available with easy to choose from bottles of: Paul Newman, Brad Pitt, Pee Wee Herman (A surprising big seller in some regions...). And, only $29.95. But wait, be one of the first 100 purchasers - and YES - they'll ship you your choice of two!! (Plus $36.48 for Shipping & Handling...)

All kidding aside. Many, many products - and IMO go with KISS.

Best of luck,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an initial update. Let me start by saying I am in no way affiliated with Wade Maid nor am I a vehicle detailing expert nor do I have a lot of experience in vehicle finished outside of buying a can of turtle wax every now and then for my cars and trucks outside of using the little sponge that comes with the can and a rag to wipe it off so....with that being said....your mileage may vary.

I have received my Wade Maid products and completely washed my 39' 5th wheel yesterday with the Beast Wash. It cleaned it well and appears to have removed any old wax over the finish. My 5th wheel is a 2007 model that I have owned for 2 years. I have no idea when or if it has ever been waxed previously. But it cleaned up good.

I bought the same Harbor Freight buffer that they sell along with a wool pad ($39 + $10 at HF). I tried a section that looked bad on the side. There was almost a jagged line where one side had some shine left and the other was kinda dull. I have NO idea what happened to cause that but it was that way when I got it. It look almost like some form of wax stripper was sprayed or wiped on a section. I used the Wade Maid Rejuvenator on and area on either side (Probably a 20 square foot area total) of the line. All I can say is WOW!!! I am very impressed. It really brings back the finish and it is very noticeable where I stopped. The jagged line where one side was shinier than the other is now gone. Unfortunately it is raining off an on here so I am limited as to how much I can do today.

In closing let me say that I have NO idea if there are any cheaper products that will do the same thing but in my opinion these products are working as advertised. I too do not like 'snake oil' products but this seems to be working great with minimal effort (If you can call hand applying and buffing a 39' 5th wheel minimal effort....lol) The Rejuvenator applies a carnuba wax that only lasts about 3 months. After I buff out the whole thing I am going to go back over it all with their Wade Wax which should last a lot longer. I will update this thread as I make progress with my project.

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

I am using Flitz right now, to restore the oxidized gelcoat on our trailer. They do suggest using a foam ball on a drill or buffer, but I have neither on the road so it's 'wax on, wax off' by hand. Much like Wade products, end results, the gelcoat looks as close to new as you can get. A quart can is about $65 and has done our 36' 5er almost twice now. I never finished the first go-around before I got distracted with life and work and.... you get the drill.

Guess we kinda hi-jacked the thread from wax removal to oxidized gelcoat restoring. Funny how that happens. Doh

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

Just a minor update,

I have not been able to get much more done as its been rainy. Yesterday it was cloudy here all day with no rain. I thought wow..this would be a great day to do it. Literally the minute I got home from work it started raining....figures.

I have almost half of one side done now. The toughest part about using this stuff (as with the others too I'm sure) is doing a small area then having to get off the ladder/scaffold to hit the light just right to make sure you've got it all buffed out just right. climb back up and hit the area you missed...then repeat. I have absolutely NO idea what the previous owners did to the finish on one side. As I said earlier there is almost a jagged vertical line where it looks like something was sprayed on the front half and its pretty dull (not damaged....just dull). behind the line there is still some shine but not very much. After going over this area with the Rejuvenator it has all but disappeared. I am working is small sections because if you apply the Rejuvenator and it dries it doesn't work. I have one small U shaped section about 3' wide and 2-1/2' to 3' tall that I haven't touched surrounded by areas that I have done. This is where the difference is remarkable. I am very impressed with how this is turning out. Even my wife came out and her first reaction was ....OH WOW! You don't realize how bad it is until you see it side by side.

Paul, I did as you advised for cleaning the buffing pad and it works great.

I'll keep it updated

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

Archived