2001 Volvo mirror replacement

10ponies

Both my mirrors on my Volvo are in tough shape. Cracked housing. Motor or two doesn't work. Mirrors have hazing and bad spots. I am thinking about just replacing them. Is there an aftermarket or a later model mirror that will work?

If not, where can I find new, or near new, the cheapest?

A while ago I was thinking of replacing the outer plastic shells on both my mirrors. I came across these:

Left:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0029556I0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3DB798VVKRBCR&coliid=I3P2JUQWKHI16X

Right:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00295I6V4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3DB798VVKRBCR&coliid=IG9BTDE6XV2J1

About $40 each, but note they are JUST the shells; no glass or motor or frame included.

Pete

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

I can probably get you a pair from my yard, but may need shells. The newer mirrors are much nicer, don't know if they would fit etc.

What do you mean by "yard."

Ate you an HDT salvage yard? Or, when I was a kid, we called them "junk yards" (a place with thousands of wrecked cars and, I would go to buy used car parts because I could not afford new parts).

As far as I've been able to tell, all of the mirrors mount up the same, from 1996-2015. There are lots of changes in mirror design, and a few options (power, heat, and antenna) that you have to pay attention to.

I replaced the mirrors off of my 2004 truck with a different style off of an '07 a few years ago--mounted fine, and the electrical connectors were the same.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

What do you mean by "yard."

Ate you an HDT salvage yard? Or, when I was a kid, we called them "junk yards" (a place with thousands of wrecked cars and, I would go to buy used car parts because I could not afford new parts).

Sibernut goes to a nearby HDT salvage yard on a fairly regular basis. He's picked up used parts there for a number of us over the years. If you let him know what you're looking for, he'll search for whatever it is on his next trip.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Sibernut goes to a nearby HDT salvage yard on a fairly regular basis. He's picked up used parts there for a number of us over the years. If you let him know what you're looking for, he'll search for whatever it is on his next trip.

He has done it for me and it was greatly appreciated.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived