Five weeks till closing and then we are outta here!

This has been an ongoing project since last year. Listed house after the first of the year and it sold in 5 weeks! Sold all furniture on local networking site and also on Craigslist. Been packing boxes like crazy as there is an exit plan. Will store few items of furniture and boxes in our son's basement.

Husband retired on April 10 and I am retiring on June 5th as I am now out on a 6 week leave for some minor surgery I had this past Monday.

This has been a whirlwind chain of events, sometimes not even letting us catch our breath!

We plan on hitting the road and traveling the East Coast the remainder of this year as we have family commitments here in NC and in PA this year. Going to try to winter in Florida, as all of us do. There is a plan and this dream is about to come true for us! So excited!

Getting ready to join Escapees as I have been just lurking for awhile now.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QSP with a 2014 interior!

2008 Honda CRV

. There is a plan and this dream is about to come true for us! So excited! Getting ready to join Escapees as I have been just lurking for awhile now.

That is great news! Let this be an early welcome to the Escapee's RV Club. We often think back to our last days in the stick house and first on the road. It is an exciting time an a great experience! Savor each new experience.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Congratulations! Hopefully next year we will be in the same position. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of everyone who is already out there, but I know that at one time everyone was where we are today (planning, dreaming, saving, saving, and saving some more) and "this too shall pass." :)

Congratulations! Hopefully next year we will be in the same position. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of everyone who is already out there, but I know that at one time everyone was where we are today (planning, dreaming, saving, saving, and saving some more) and "this too shall pass." :)

Kaybee

Last year this time, I was in your shoes, just planning. There has been a Master plan all along. We just waited until after the first of the year to put it into motion. But when the house sold, it has been fast forward ever since! Huge neighborhood yard sale tomorrow. What doesn't sell will be donated. We are going to move into our Bus next Tuesday and stay locally until I stop work.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 QSP with a 2014 interior!

2008 Honda CRV

I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of everyone who is already out there, but I know that at one time everyone was where we are today (planning, dreaming, saving, saving, and saving some more) and "this too shall pass."

As you near your date to head out, never forget that those who wait to do things until they know that they have enough money, usually never do actually do the thing which they were saving for. Set a target date or amount and when you reach that target, act!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Clay & Frances and Kirk -- thank you for the encouragement. We definitely do have a master plan (complete with an exit plan). Right now we just have to wait for hubby to be eligible for early retirement, which will provide a pension and health insurance. The real estate market in our community is also depressed, so hopefully by next year it will have recovered some and we can at least break even on our house. Since we cannot leave until next year, I figure I might as well keep working and saving. Clay & Frances, I hope you will share your adventures with the forum.

The real estate market in our community is also depressed, so hopefully by next year it will have recovered some and we can at least break even on our house.

Breaking even on your house means you lived rent free all those years. Keeping that in mind can help you decide to take a loss if it comes to that.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

With all due respect Linda, we don't live rent free if we sell a property for what we paid for it and if we sell at a loss even worse. We still have to pay property taxes, insurance and if there is a mortgage the interest on that. Even in today's low interest rates if one paid cash and had no mortgage interest they are still losing at least a percentage or more than having had that money invested in some other form. Sometimes it equates that renting would have been cheaper in the long run, and sometimes it equates in a rising market that we we gain equity to offset the costs of homeownership over the years.

With the above said and done some chose to sell at a loss or break even to move on with their next life plans :)

We just had our "Estate Sale" this past weekend. Our best friends and our Realtor helped us both days. We sold 90% of what we had. The rest will be given away or thrown away. The house has been sold and will close on the 29th of this month. We have another 31 day rent back for free (per the sales contract), but will not need that long to finish cleaning out the house. Hope to meet you on the road. :P

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

Archived