Antenna Question

I currently have a multi band omni trucker mounted on my trailer tv antenna. I like the added height when using it and attach it to my cellular modem and amplifier when needed. I have a Pepwave Surf for wifi and would like to add an external antenna. When I use park wifi I don't usually need the trucker antenna on cellular. Will this antenna work with the Pepwave? Is their a single directional panel or yagi antenna that will work on cellular 4g lte and wifi or should I buy another omni for the wifi.

Thanks.......................

While some antennas are supposed to be available to do both, I would go with a dedicated WiFi Omni Antenna.

Do some looking on Amazon, and you can see:

The Ubiquiti Networks Bullet M2 series, that with an antenna (Look for 'boating' type units, as they are more robust and won't break from stress. WiFi Ranger also has a RV amp and omni antenna that is robust). You could also get a painters extendable pole and mount this to your ladder, and get this up a bit higher.)

http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Antennas-Titanium-BM2-TI/dp/B00HXT8CYM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428849055&sr=8-2&keywords=ubiquiti+bullet+antenna

But, their are lots of options, and lots of packages to read up on. Jack Mayer's and Technomadia's sites are good reads on WiFI and Internet options.

Best of luck to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Antennas are designed for a band of frequencies. The tighter the band, the better the performance. Expand the frequency bands and the performance declines. A plain piece of wire will cover all frequencies, very poorly.

The Bullet is a good device. A good antenna might cost as much as the Bullet.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived