Guardian Media Group To Sell All Fossil Fuel Assets

RV_

I am not making these decisions, others are with a lot more experience than me are making a decision to move out of oil completely.

Excerpt:

"The Guardian Media Group, publisher of the award-winning newspapers Guardian and Observer, has announced that it will sell off all fossil fuel assets in its £800 million investment portfolio.

Neil Berkett, Chairman of the Guardian Media Group, justified the decision citing financial and ethical reasons. The share of fossil fuel assets in GMG’s investment portfolio is in ‘low, single digits’, but the divestment decision is in line with the United Nation’s campaign that argues that fossil fuel assets and investments would be worthless if government’s around the world starting taking actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Historically, alternative investment avenues have yielded better returns than natural resources. As Berkett explained in an article published on the Guardian, the S&P Global Water Index gave an annualised return of 13.4% over the last 10 years, outperforming traditional natural resources as well as the broad global equity index. Similarly, the FTSE Environmental Technology 50 Index has yielded 6.9% annually over the last 10 years, higher than absolute returns generated by commodity futures."

The full article is here: http://cleantechnica.com/2015/04/07/guardian-media-group-sell-fossil-fuel-assets/?utm_source=Cleantechnica+News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cb52d7889a-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_term=0_b9b83ee7eb-cb52d7889a-331970081

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived