How do you store your wine bottles?

re: crossing into Canada with liquor reference. I paid the duty imposed for having too much. Another guy in the caravan did not declare everything, the CA border agent confiscated EVERYTHING when he found the undeclared stuff. He must've had a bad day, he even threatened to confiscate their MH.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubble wrap can be purchased in rolls of several widths and lengths at various stores including Lowes and Home Depot. One layer will keep bottles from knocking together whether laid on their side or standing upright in whatever storage space you choose to use. It can also be used to protect any glass bottled products you may acquire and decide to carry with you as you travel.

Love this thread! I was raised in Napa and think I have wine in my blood! Graduated from High School there before any tourists came.

We have a wine cooler in house we are selling now so I read all your suggestions. When we had RV before it wasn't for full time so we just grabbed a few bottles and wrapped around towels in a drawer to not break and keep cooler.

I loved the rack Linda showed pic of but keeping it cool will take either refrigerator or a very dark place. RV's heat up fast unless air is kept on at all times in summer.

RE: "Box wine"... I just love the following bit of "repartee" between Jeff Dunham and Bubba J...

Jeff Dunham: [to Bubba J] Besides beer, do you ever have wine at the track?

Bubba J.: Yeah, I have box wine.

Jeff Dunham: Box wine?

Bubba J.: Yeah, it is wine that comes in a box.

Jeff Dunham: Yeah.

Bubba J.: It's great, 'cause if you had too much to drink, then you got something to throw up in.

Baaaad, but funny!

There are only two kinds of people in the world.....Those who think they can, and those who think they cannot. They are both right!

RE: "Box wine"... I just love the following bit of "repartee" between Jeff Dunham and Bubba J...Jeff Dunham: [to Bubba J] Besides beer, do you ever have wine at the track?Bubba J.: Yeah, I have box wine.Jeff Dunham: Box wine?Bubba J.: Yeah, it is wine that comes in a box.Jeff Dunham: Yeah.Bubba J.: It's great, 'cause if you had too much to drink, then you got something to throw up in.Baaaad, but funny!

OMG!!! I LOVE Jeff Dunham.....especially Walter and Peanut.

We are in the middle of the Mendocino wine country. So far....I'm drinking all the wine so nothing to store.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

We live with much too small a refrigerator to keep a box of wine in ours and thus far we are not that regular at drinking wine so that has never been an issue for us. But we have recently become part of a wine tasting group and the introduction to the hobby has brought us to really enjoy checking out the smaller, limited production wineries that we find in our travels. We still don't know much about wines but find that taste testing is our newest hobby and just about everywhere there are local, unique wineries. Last summer in Hill City, SD we found several wineries that we really enjoyed but our favorite was Prairie Berry and my favorite is the rhubarb wine!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just to add my 2cents: We found a lovely wine rack that assembles to fit any cabinet that is deep enough. Can stack two or three high. It is in a cabinet under the dining table. In our previous coach it was in a cabinet over the sink. One day I torqued the coach going through a pot hole, slowly but not slowly enough. Two bottles of red hit the inside of the cabinet door hard enough to break free the velcro closure I had strapped around the handle to prevent just that. Good news only one bottle broke. Bad news we were on a steep descent with no place to to pull off. DW unstrapped and started cleaning up as I negotiated the grade until I could find a wide spot to pull into.

Wine poured forward until it was stopped by the carpet at the forward end of the kitchen area. We never got rid of all the red stain until we sold the coach.

'12 Phaeton 36 QSH hauling '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon 4 down. Follow our travels Click here

• 4 weeks later...

How come on Motor Yachts I have had always have a liquor cabinet or bar area and on the R.V.'s I have had don't? I enjoy a drink or two now and then and then and now, and when I invite friends I meet at parks in for a drink I n my Motor Home I have to make do with the kitchen area to mix drinks.. :rolleyes:

I understand and have tried box wines, and know they have improved, some are even a little better then O.K. and they are cheap. But you get what you pay for . But it is just not romantic to open a box of wine like it is to do the ritual of opening a bottle of wine. to sit and enjoy a bottle of wine even a cheap bottle of wine is romantic. It is the pleasure you get from the entire evening of spending your time with a nice Lady and a bottle of wine or spending the t evening with some old Gal and a box of wine. :P

Archived