2008 Newmar Kountry Star Issues

NJ-Ron

I recently purchased a 2008 Kountry Star diesel pusher, at the present time I have 2 outstanding issues.

1. Not that critical but the air horn does not work when the dash switch is depressed, I was wondering if there was something I was missing in order for it to work, valve, switch, whatever somewhere ?

2. There is a small solar panel on the roof and a light under the dash heat/cool switches that says "Solar Charging when Lit", I have yet to see this indicator light lit even while dry camping. Can't find any documentation in manuals for this and was wondering what batteries does this charge and do those batteries have to be depleted to a certain voltage via the inverter for the solar panel to charge them ?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Ron

Ron
2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3623
2008 Honda CRV
Currently Snowbirds - Ft. Myers Beach - Florida Keys

My air horn wotks from the horn button on the steering wheel. You still have to activate the switch on the dash and then push the horn button on the steering wheel. Of course the MH has to be aired up as well but you knew that....right?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

1) What dash switch are you meaning? Is there a switch which is labeled "air horn?" In many cases they are connected as Jim suggests but there are other ways. Most that I have worked with also use a relay to actuate the horn air valve. To trouble shoot you will need an assistant to push the switch while you trace voltage.

2) I suspect that the solar was an add-on by a previous owner and not a factory option. You may need to contact the previous owner for information on this.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

With the air horn rocker switch in the on position you can hear the air horn and under the hood horn at the same time. The horn and air horn has always bothered me as why this type of set up.

If you can, verify that the "solar led light" is good. The function of this idiot light is to let you know the house batteries are being (trickle) charged.

Mac

With the air horn rocker switch in the on position you can hear the air horn and under the hood horn at the same time. The horn and air horn has always bothered me as why this type of set up.

If you can, verify that the "solar led light" is good. The function of this idiot light is to let you know the house batteries are being (trickle) charged.

I have our aftermarket air horns setup so the OEM "under the hood horn" acts as the signal for the air horn power relay . This setup gives me 2 choices : If I only need a 'little' horn , I press the stock horn button for a half a second and if I want 'a lot more' horn , which includes both the on board electric and the air , I press the button for a bit longer time . Sure , I can heard the electric horn when the air is activated , but the air horn easily out performs it .

Maybe that's^ "why this type of setup" ???

Goes around , comes around .

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try the air horn next time I'm on the road, don't think it would go over very well at this RV park............!

Pretty sure the solar panel is OEM, I'll probably have to contact Newmar for information on that.

Thanks Again.

Ron

Ron
2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3623
2008 Honda CRV
Currently Snowbirds - Ft. Myers Beach - Florida Keys

Archived