Nasty Stuff in My Clothes Washer

Kevin H

We have a Whirlpool WFC7500VW clothes washer. Have had it for about 7 years. It works great. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one if I had to replace this one.

However, the big rubber gasket assembly (bellows in the parts list) catches water. I recently saw that it is full of some pretty nasty looking stuff. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you go about cleaning it?

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

I had the same problem with a front load washer. The gasket catches water. Over time, it molds. Ick! Just some Simple Green and hot water did the trick for me.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

We see the same thing, it starts out slowly but once the tiny drain holes in out unit clog the buildup really gets to growing. We just grab a couple paper towels and swipe the area every month to keep ahead of the goo.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

DW uses a commercially-made washer cleaner a couple times a year; it must work there is never an odor or visible sign of mold/mildew, but she always leaves the door open while not traveling.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

^^^ Absolutely agree with leaving the door slightly ajar. We have the same type of washer at home and mold on and under the gasket is always an issue if you don't stay on top of it.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

Archived