Did anyone save my info on resetting the warning lights for the A/C system?

lappir

I know I posted it last winter or spring, but cannot find it. My A/C started putting out lukewarm air a couple weeks ago and I checked the indicator lights and it shows it is low on freon. I now know that you cannot just keep adding and the light will go off. There is a series of key operations that need to be done to reset the lights. I think it's 8 but that seems a lot. Your assist will be appreciated.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

is this what you're looking for?

The A/C system is recharged and the green light is flashing slowly as it's supposed to. I was just getting ready to add my 4th 12 oz can of freon when I read the TINY PRINT at the bottom of the system status that informed me a reset of the fault had to be done once a fault had been fixed. You have to turn the ignition key off 1 second, back of for a second and repeat that three more times for a total of 4. Then the monitor will reset. I decided to check that out and sure enough the light was green. I have to admit I should have either followed RandyA's advice or taken the truck to an A/C place to have the recharge done.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Yes, thank you. How did you find it?

Now I need to find the advice from RandyA. Don't remember it.

THANKS, again,

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I find the best method to follow in a DIY project is to do a general search of the forum using Google - not the inbuilt search. THEN after reading all that I find Randy's advice and follow that!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

To get Google to just search for stuff here put this in with your search words:

site:www.rvnetwork.com

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Unless you know what you are doing you could damage the system beyond repair by just adding refrigerant without knowing what your operating presures are.

I have seen a kit in some of the box stores that sell the cans of refgt. This kit contains a hose with adapter but most importantly is that there is a guage on the hose that shows several ranges from yellow through green to red. This is a good rule of thumb guide and worth the investment. If the operating pressure is in the green section you are most likely ok with the refgt level.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived