Questions About-May 1st Maintenance Rally Goshen IN From Texas

cmelkins

We are going to the Maintenance Rally on May 1st in Goshen IN for the first time. We have been told by many if you have a Holiday Rambler it is an incredible learning experience.

We are very excited about the trip and I am a bit of a planner.

It is open to many makes and models, so I am wondering if anyone else from Texas is going? What route do you take and where do you stay along the way?

We plan to arrive on the 29th leaving from Whitney TX.

Coleen M. Elkins

Escapee Since August 2008

Full-time 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter

with one retired husband and two very sweet Border Collies

Wintering in Arizona 

Is the rally at the fair grounds at Goshen? We attended an Escapade there about a year ago, but are not heading there now. I just plugged the fairgrounds into my Garmin and let it lead us there. (We left from near Tyler, TX.)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Is the rally at the fair grounds at Goshen? We attended an Escapade there about a year ago, but are not heading there now. I just plugged the fairgrounds into my Garmin and let it lead us there. (We left from near Tyler, TX.)

Yes it is at the Fair Grounds it is for HR's, Monaco's, Fleetwood etc. I put it in google maps and came up with two routes. One through Oklahoma and one through Arkansas. We are hearing the roads are not the best on the lower route. When I look at the Oklahoma route google shows 10 or so construction warnings on the route (one of my least favorite things to encounter). <g>

Coleen M. Elkins

Escapee Since August 2008

Full-time 2004 Holiday Rambler Scepter

with one retired husband and two very sweet Border Collies

Wintering in Arizona 

• 2 weeks later...

Coleen, check out this website too for road information: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/

FWIW, I really dislike driving I 44 and driving through St. Louis. When we go to or come from TX to IN., I use I 30, I 40, I 55 and I 57. If you choose this route, you may take US 30 East to IN 15 N to Goshen. I've tried the smaller highways into IN trying to avoid Chicago Heights area, but the total time is nearly the same, and those smaller roads are not real good. Road construction/maintenance is an ongoing thing everywhere it seems. I think the states are catching up on road maintenance for those decades they were ignored.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived