Replacing Shock Absorbers on Damon Challenger?

You dont want to be under the MH with it held up by only the levelers. Its ok to lift the MH with the levelers but then you need to block it up with either properly rated jackstands or heavy timbers. I prefer heavy timbers but good jack stands will work too and settle the MH down onto the supports. Then and only then is it safe to get underneath the MH.

As far as changing the shocks what you need to do is take any stress off the shock so that it is free to come out and the new one to go in ......it might mean lifting the front tire a bit or lowering it untill the shock has no stress on it.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

If you do not have a heavy duty jack and some good jack stands or big blocks of wood and aircompresser & air tools

I would say you would be better off paying a shop to do the new shocks install.

Phil & Alberta Saran

2019 Keystone Cougar 30RLS

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 diesel

Colorado

I replaced mine on a Ford F-53 chassis and it wasn't all that difficult to do but you would be wise to have an air driven impact tool for the removal. We did mine by lifting it with the leveling jacks to get better access, but did put jack-stands under it as well. You don't really need to lift the RV other than to get better access to the upper mounting bolts.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I replaced the front shocks on my Ford F53. Quite easy. Yes. Use jack stands. Started to replace the rears. Clearance getting in with wrenches, and my creaky body, said "Let the shop do those!" We must be realistic on what we can, and should do. What was simple 10 years ago isn't quite so easy now.

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

We must be realistic on what we can, and should do. What was simple 10 years ago isn't quite so easy now.

Sad bit true............ I have pretty much quit getting up on the RV roof now and often pay a tech to do things that I once considered to be easy. :blink:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived