There are no chemical weapons in Iraq they said...

Cyberdave

Remember when there were no chemical weapons in Iraq and Bush got blasted for it? Well, seems the Army has been doing a little bait and switch.

A friend of mine is a retired AF Spec Ops officer and years ago (like 10) he was a regular poster on my forum and a good friend. One member made a statement about a fake war no CW, etc.

Red replied that there were and someday it would come out. Then he said, "trust me, I know".

Some things have dribbled out mostly under reported or not covered at all. Some reports of CW being used in IED's were dismissed.

Now, the Army has been caught with their pants down...

Vets Hurt by Chemical Weapons in Iraq Get Apology, Promise of Awards

I have no faith that any military leaders have the huevo's to do the right thing.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

CyberDave,

Wasn't it that there were no weapons of mass destruction --- Not that there no chemical weapons. I think just about everyone agrees that Iraq had and used chemical weapons. At least against their own people. Don't know about our troops. Maybe I'm not understanding your post correctly. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_of_mass_destruction

A weapon of mass destruction (WMD or WoMD) is a nuclear, radiological, chemical, biological or other weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans or cause great damage to human-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Stan,

Thanks for the definition. But using that logic almost anything could be a weapon of mass destruction. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

We knew all along that Iraq had those chemical weapons. I do not believe that was what we and so many other countries thought he had nor was that what we were looking for. The dumb part was we did not destroy them when we found the stock piles in the beginning.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

It's not by logic it is by definition.

Bush took a lot of heat for starting a war with Iraq saying there were still WMD particularly Chemical weapons stock piled. Any way you slice it WMD or NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) they were there and we're still being lied to.

Weapon of mass destruction

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

It's not by logic it is by definition.

Bush took a lot of heat for starting a war with Iraq saying there were still WMD particularly Chemical weapons stock piled. Any way you slice it WMD or NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) they were there and we're still being lied to.

Weapon of mass destruction

LOL

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

LOL

??

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

Dave

Really you think those were the WMD's that we went to war over? What's the lie? We knew he had these and we found them when went in there. We were looking for Nuclear and Bio stuff not chemical.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

The entire world knew Iraq had chemical weapons. It wasn't a secret and no one lied about chemical weapons. Iraq used a chemical weapon against a Kurdish settlement that outraged just about all of the civilized world. Pictures on TV and extensive reporting.

The only lie was that Iraq tried to purchase nuclear materials from other countries and was actively developing nuclear and biological weapons.

Valerie Plame was outed as a CIA operative only because her husband publicly proved that Iraq did not attempt to buy nuclear material.

I am referring to the Army's inability to acknowledge or report IED's having CW agents in or on them. See the article I referenced. Yes we knew they had CW but, they were supposedly not usable. That there were usable weapons is not the point either. The point is that the Army (and probably all the other branches) are doing the same two step as with Agent Orange. Step one, don't acknowledge, Step two.. Never mind you know the rest and how many lives will it cost this time around? Anyone ever sit and talk an AO victim and listen to his story? Most will tell you of years of deny deny deny. Perhaps I should have been more specific.

• Special Munitions: Iraq claimed that between 1982 and 1988, 100,000 munitions filled with CW agents were consumed or disposed of. UNSCOM found that this number could not be verified.

After the Gulf war, Iraq declared that there remained over 56,000 special munitions which could carry either CW or BW agents (22,000 filled, 34,000 unfilled). These munitions are all accounted for. They were either destroyed or converted for conventional weapons purposes.

Iraq claimed that there were 42,000 special munitions destroyed in the Gulf War. UNSCOM was unable to verify that number, and found that the destruction of 2,000 unfilled munitions remains uncertain, and 550 filled munitions remain unaccounted for.

Iraq claimed that it unilaterally destroyed 29,000 special munitions; UNSCOM found that of these, 100 filled munitions remain unaccounted for.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

Archived