Dash Air Valve

SuiteSuccess

RandyA had a recent excellent discussion on replacing his dash air valve. Have noticed when I push in my yellow parking brake release knob there is not a quick "whoosh" of air but rather an application over 10 - 15 seconds. Pulling out the knob has the typical "whoosh" and the brakes are set. The brakes do release completely but just more slowly than previously. Ideas? Or just replace or rebuild with the kit?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Mine was doing that for about a year before the seal(s) finally blew. If I pressed or pulled hard on either valve when in its "set point" I would produce leakage. New one is working like a champ with no issues.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Mine was doing that for about a year before the seal(s) finally blew. If I pressed or pulled hard on either valve when in its "set point" I would produce leakage. New one is working like a champ with no issues.

Randy,

You were right. Mine is a different part number than yours 85123221. Couldn't find a rebuild kit for that number yet. New valve is low of $334.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived