Can i stand on the roof?

MoonTimber

The roof may be 3/8 inch plywood and if you have a latter attached to your

RV you should be able to walk on it. If I did I would walk softly. I don't walk on mine but

I would if I have to. So far I have been able to wash and treat the roof from a latter

that I move around. I am 225 lbs. Good Luck

Thanks folks!

I will use the ladder as much as possible - I'm pretty heavy. But I know there's stuff I just won't be able to reach without at least crawling up there. I have a 3' X 6' laminated 1/2" board left over from a project in my garage, so I think I'll drag it up there and sit on it in case there is a soft spot.

The board is a good idea... it will spread the load and avoid surprises. :) I do as much work as I can from either a ladder or from a scaffold (which is MUCH better) when I'm at my home base. I can walk up there but I do not like the rear ladder (narrow, feels loose-ish, and nothing to hang onto when you get off or back on). I carry a much better ladder.

I'd take the rear ladder off but I have an antenna on it. :P

WDR

I don't think many AC units, Satellite dishes, or solar systems are installed or repaired from a ladder.

If you have one of the above. Then the roof supported someone OK.

It would be real hard to wash all the roof a couple times a year from a ladder.

Or go to a NASCAR race and see how many are standing on a roof of a RV like yours. :)

I was all worried about getting up there and falling through. I was cleaning out an old mouse invasion around the water tank while waiting for my mechanic to show up when I heard him calling me from outside. When I got out there I found out he had been tromping around the roof looking for a broken wire for the last ten minutes. I guess I can assume it's safe up there! :lol:

Archived