Wooden camper signs?

TxCowboy

TxCowboy:

I Full-Time and I have to re-do my sign with Marine Spar about every 12--16 months. /It kinda depends on how much I face south. :rolleyes:

When I re-do the signs I go ahead and touch up the lettering, etc. also. I also had him put a Texas flag on my sign which I paint.

It takes 10--15 minutes over several days. I try to put two--three coats of varnish. This last time I put a little bit of stain to make more contrast. No biggie.

One more place to look at is called Canterbury Creations. She had two tables at the Tampa RV Show this year and seemed to be doing a great business. She will even create a sign using your RV as the model. We intended to get one made by her while we were there but got sidetracked looking at new RV's - imagine that! Anyway we found her card and called her and she explained that her website is being re-designed and isn't up and running right now. It's a shame as she has some good stuff. Here is a link to an article about her. I'm not sure if this helps, but its another option. You can give her a call as she is very friendly and I'm sure will be glad to work with you on a design.

http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2008/07/personalized-rv-signs-say-alot-about-rv.html

Good luck.

Steve

Etsy.com is another good and creative source; just search on "trailer signs" and you will get lots of options. Our daughter-in-law ordered one for us for Christmas; it is in the shape of a fifth wheel and has our last name, hometown and state, and funny little icons of us and our three cats.

• 2 weeks later...

We made our own. Found a great piece of driftwood in Montana and a base piece somewhere else then painted our name and year we started full timing using stencils. When that dried we applied several coats of marine varnish. Accessories are a toy 5er and flower pot. We get lots of complements and it is an original.

post-25620-0-82530400-1428455433_thumb.jpg

One more place to look at is called Canterbury Creations. She had two tables at the Tampa RV Show this year and seemed to be doing a great business. She will even create a sign using your RV as the model. We intended to get one made by her while we were there but got sidetracked looking at new RV's - imagine that! Anyway we found her card and called her and she explained that her website is being re-designed and isn't up and running right now. It's a shame as she has some good stuff. Here is a link to an article about her. I'm not sure if this helps, but its another option. You can give her a call as she is very friendly and I'm sure will be glad to work with you on a design.

http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2008/07/personalized-rv-signs-say-alot-about-rv.html

Good luck.

Steve

There's a link in the story to the Canterbury Creations website that now reflects it as an inactive domain. In other words, that link no longer works. It looks like a good product though.

Archived