Wooden camper signs?

TxCowboy

Anyone have a good online source for the personalized wooden camper signs that you see everywhere? I'd like to get one or two made for the kingpin box on the 5th wheel.

Thanks!

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

Long time til winter but the markets at Q usually have a few folks making them then.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Woody's looks like a good site and has a nice selection. While I understand that the signs are cedar, which is naturally weather and pest resistance, are the signs weather-sealed?

I guess I could ask that question on their website. :)

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Woody's looks like a good site and has a nice selection. While I understand that the signs are cedar, which is naturally weather and pest resistance, are the signs weather-sealed?

I guess I could ask that question on their website. :)

Look at their FAQ for the finish they apply :http://bransoncedarsigns.com/faqs

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

TxCowboy:

I Full-Time and I have to re-do my sign with Marine Spar about every 12--16 months. /It kinda depends on how much I face south. :rolleyes:

When I re-do the signs I go ahead and touch up the lettering, etc. also. I also had him put a Texas flag on my sign which I paint.

It takes 10--15 minutes over several days. I try to put two--three coats of varnish. This last time I put a little bit of stain to make more contrast. No biggie.

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

One more place to look at is called Canterbury Creations. She had two tables at the Tampa RV Show this year and seemed to be doing a great business. She will even create a sign using your RV as the model. We intended to get one made by her while we were there but got sidetracked looking at new RV's - imagine that! Anyway we found her card and called her and she explained that her website is being re-designed and isn't up and running right now. It's a shame as she has some good stuff. Here is a link to an article about her. I'm not sure if this helps, but its another option. You can give her a call as she is very friendly and I'm sure will be glad to work with you on a design.

http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2008/07/personalized-rv-signs-say-alot-about-rv.html

Good luck.

Steve

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

If you put your first names on it, not everyone who comes to your door & yells "Hey George (or whatever) " may be a friend.

I guess that is just one of those things that I don't consider worth worrying about.

10257424_10201917814938756_8869285051706

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Etsy.com is another good and creative source; just search on "trailer signs" and you will get lots of options. Our daughter-in-law ordered one for us for Christmas; it is in the shape of a fifth wheel and has our last name, hometown and state, and funny little icons of us and our three cats.

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

The big flea market at Donna, TX is where ours was made. I sprayed it with polyurethane 10 years ago and it stll looks good.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

We made our own. Found a great piece of driftwood in Montana and a base piece somewhere else then painted our name and year we started full timing using stencils. When that dried we applied several coats of marine varnish. Accessories are a toy 5er and flower pot. We get lots of complements and it is an original.

post-25620-0-82530400-1428455433_thumb.jpg

One more place to look at is called Canterbury Creations. She had two tables at the Tampa RV Show this year and seemed to be doing a great business. She will even create a sign using your RV as the model. We intended to get one made by her while we were there but got sidetracked looking at new RV's - imagine that! Anyway we found her card and called her and she explained that her website is being re-designed and isn't up and running right now. It's a shame as she has some good stuff. Here is a link to an article about her. I'm not sure if this helps, but its another option. You can give her a call as she is very friendly and I'm sure will be glad to work with you on a design.

http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2008/07/personalized-rv-signs-say-alot-about-rv.html

Good luck.

Steve

There's a link in the story to the Canterbury Creations website that now reflects it as an inactive domain. In other words, that link no longer works. It looks like a good product though.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Archived