Latest ECR Update and Schedule

SuiteSuccess

We'll be coming up I-75 through Atlanta as well. After Atlanta, what is the preferred route to Crossville? Google maps is suggesting getting off I-75 near Chattanooga, then taking 153, US 27, 111, and US 127 through Pikeville. The alternative of I-75 to I-40 (west of Knoxville) looks like about 40 miles longer in distance, but only 14 minutes longer in time. Probably faster after allowing for stop signs, traffic lights, and other delays on the secondary roads.

I guess I'll take the interstates all the way to Crossville...

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

Pete,

I-75 to I -40 is a nice drive and no problems with the rigs. Never been the other way so can't comment on it. Three of us here already so looking forward to seeing everyone. Rainy this week but supposed to be sunny weekend. Spring is here.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I live just 25 miles south of Chattanooga and will be going up I-75 to I-40. 153 over Chickamauga Dam and US 27 can be a mess at the wrong time of the day...

For those wanting to look nice and clean that are coming up I-75 or going west on I-40 out of Knoxville, TN, there is a nice truck wash about two miles north/east of the I-40/I-75 interchange.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

For those wanting to look nice and clean that are coming up I-75 or going west on I-40 out of Knoxville, TN, there is a nice truck wash about two miles north/east of the I-40/I-75 interchange.

Right off I 40, Watts road exit then left on Watts over 40. Actually two washes. One on Watts by Speedco and Blue Beacon down access road to Freightliner dealer. Both are good.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Just a heads up for anyone looking to head to Crossville via I-40 from the east....

Screenshot%2520from%25202015-04-09%25201

There are three construction projects pretty close together this month. Two have traffic narrowing to one lane (bridge repair), and the traffic has been more or less like this all day. Basically stop-and-go for 12-14 miles--the US 127 route might be faster for those coming up from the south.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Has anyone gone north from Birmingham AL following the 79,72, 28, 127 routing that takes you on the west side of the lakes. It basically parallels I-59 but might be more scenic. Plan on pulling in Friday afternoon sometime before happy hour!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

US 72 in Alabama is a 4-lane divided highway--a few traffic lights around Scottsboro, but 65 mph speed limits most of the way. I've only driven parts of 79, but around Guntersville is definitely pretty scenic. Haven't driven 28, but it looks like a good way to bypass Chattanooga and the hills/curves around Signal Mountain. See you tomorrow!

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Great that's the way I plan to come, at Fort Chiswell in Va. tonight and checking with Deer Run in the morning to make sure my site is available to arrive tomorrow.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I drove through it this morning (probably around 10:00), and it wasn't terrible--came to a stop once or twice, then about 2.5 miles of 20-25mph. But Google wasn't showing any red at all. Last night I stayed at Soaring Eagle, which is right at exit 360, and as late as 9:00 or so there was intermittent stopped traffic.

It's saying that the wide-load detour route is faster right now--exiting I-40 at exit 360 and following Buttermilk road to Kingston Pike (US70), then back to I-40 at exit 356 using TN326. I also wouldn't hesitate to get off an exit early (362) which serves a large industrial park and connects to Buttermilk Rd. There's a 2-mile exit only lane leading to that one, so it should be easy.

The construction zones themselves are no worry--they're allowing 16' wide loads, and they are really short (~1/4 mile).

I doubt there's a detour worth taking from the east--I just figured it was worth posting for those on the fence coming from the south.

Archived