How about an "Access Freightliner" tutorial?

Bob86ZZ4

I got my access user name and password. I think I'm able to log in because it says "welcome" to me. I can't figure out much more after that. I can't see where to enter my VIN and/or engine serial number? Pretty much life as normal for me with a computer. Am I missing something? (Curt, I'm looking to you for guidance)

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Bob, how did you get your access? I tried to get mine sy the Freightliner dealer in Rochester but they were clueless.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Bob,

Your truck will love you for it! I promise!

Let's get you started!

Once you open "Access" you will be asked to sign in with your user name and password.

After that you will see the main page, from here you have options on what you want to see.

To enter Parts Pro, use the latest version (below) the first. Enter your VIN# here.

Now you can enter any module you wish and just drill down to a specific component.

If you enter the Vendor section on the main page it will take you directly to the out sourced part/components website.

Here you can see their breakdown/schematics.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Bob, how did you get your access? I tried to get mine sy the Freightliner dealer in Rochester but they were clueless.

Dave

Stardreamer;

Just call customers service at the factory...... 503-745-8000

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2 & 4 Wheelers!

Well, wouldn't ya know it. Shortly after I started this thread I got an email:

Attention AccessFreightliner.com Users:

Earlier this year, Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) announced the availability of the new portal for DTNA dealers, distributors, fleets and other customers – DTNAConnect.com. Soon DTNAConnect.com will become your primary home page, replacing AccessFreightliner.com/AccessWesternStar.com as the starting point for working with DTNA and Detroit online applications and resources.

We continue to work on the overall retirement of AccessFreightliner.com, moving content and resources to DTNAConnect.com in order to take advantage of the streamlined look and additional features that DTNAConnect.com offers.

If you haven’t already started using it, here is a recap of some DTNAConnect.com highlights:

A fresh new look, improved functionality and personalized features that will enhance your online experience

Works with Internet Explorer 9 & 10, Chrome and Safari for iPad only

Offers a personalized view with direct links to DTNA and DDC applications

Provides easy access to multiple systems and websites from one convenient location

WarrantyLit and Recall/Field Service Campaigns will be the first resources to relocate to DTNAConnect.com. In the near future, all related warranty letters, newsletters, campaign information and other resources will be found under WarrantyLit or Recall & Field Service Campaigns on the DTNAConnect.com home page. Look for more details soon.

DTNAConnect.com has been available from a link on AccessFreightliner.com or by going directly to the provided URL, giving anyone with an AccessFreightliner.com user ID the opportunity to become familiar with the personalized features and enhanced functionality of DTNAConnect.com. As we transition to making DTNAConnect.com your primary home page, you will no longer need to take these additional steps.

Please look for more details soon. In the meantime, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the DTNAConnect.com home page. We have created some Quick Tips to help get you started.

If you experience any problems reaching DTNAConnect.com, please contact the Dealer Help Desk at 855-639-8680 or dealer.helpdesk@daimler.com.

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Thanks Curt, that helped. I figured more out. I haven't tried to DTNAconnect.com yet. It isn't clear from their email but I'm guessing it will be the same login info there? I shall try it.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Bob86ZZ4;

Glad you're in! Now we have to get the rest of our fellow Freightliner owners signed up and using this "free" service!

As I stated before this is an invaluable resource that we have at our beckon call!

Curt

2 & 4 Wheelers!

My first goal is to figure out how to disable the ecm (or whatever Caterpillar or Freightliner call it) so that I can crank over the engine without it starting. My Caterpillar manual says if the engine is not run for a week I should "disable the fuel pump" and crank it over for several seconds. This will circulate oil and get the engine oiled up without putting the pressure on from combustion. I would love to be able to do that. I do that on my Vette for the first start in the spring after it's been sitting all winter. I just can't figure out how to do it on the truck. I tried pulling several fuses and relays and none of them stopped it from firing up when I cranked it over. Somebody told me there is a power wire directly from the battery bank to the ecm that I need to interrupt. Can't seem to locate that on my own. Do you think AccessFreightliner of DTNA might be able to help me with that one?

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Yes, you should be able to go thru the porthole to Cat and see the wiring schematic of the engine. The truck side wiring will be in Access/DTNA.

Curt

2 & 4 Wheelers!

• 1 month later...

Update. I find a list of a bunch of wiring diagrams but when I click on any of them it opens a new tab and says " You do not have the CGM Viewer installed on your system. You may install it by clicking this link: Install CGM Viewer." I clicked on and went through a bunch of steps to install the CGM viewer. I think I installed it. But I still get that message when trying to look at a wiring diagram. Dang, I wish I could just drive a few miles over to visit and learn like Mr. Cob did.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

I'm using Google Chrome browser. I just tried using Internet Explorer. When I tried opening a schematic a box popped up asking me if I wanted to run something (sorry can't remember what but I suspect it was that viewer thingy) so I clicked "run" or "allow" or similar. It appears to open a schematic that way.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Archived