Missing Florida aka owner abandoned me aka sent to the snowy north

PEIFamily

Hello Henry,

This is your hitch speaking. A few months ago you had me in a nice warm garage in Florida, then I was bolted to a pallet and put into a dark truck for a week. Here is a picture where I am as of March 19. I was told by the other hitches in your shop about the spring break in Florida in March and how the weather is so nice around that time. I don't feel the love right now.

Signed,

Your hitch

IMG_20150319_180944_zpsdqbmxvmz.jpg

Here is a picture taken yesterday by one of the snowplow drivers near our area. I have a video of the one trying to get down to our driveway.

snowplow_zpsccxbifrk.jpg

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

OMG, did you see that icycle from the tears running down!! Tragic. ;)

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Oh dear... looks like a job for the self propelled machine featured here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vx369nR9HQ

I need one of those.. they have a bunch of the ones that fit onto loaders, When the plows give up, they put these to work on the deep spots and to widen roads.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

PEI, would it be terribly rude of me to explain that the purpose of an HDT and a trailer is so that you can LEAVE before that..that uh....white stuff...you know what I mean, before that stuff gets high enough to cover, well high enough to cover a quarter laying in the driveway..... If you have that much snow, it is time to LEAVE...and teach your wife how to pack fast enough so she can LEAVE with you so you won't have to come back for her. Then you could be here, on the south coast, catching a few rays and enjoying our balmy 80 degree weather. When that white stuff turns to water, then you can go back. If you get homesick, we have a little ice here. You can open the freezer and toss a few more cubes in your Crown and Dr. Pepper. You may still be homesick, but after 4 or 5 of those, you sorta forget where home is.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

PEI, would it be terribly rude of me to explain that the purpose of an HDT and a trailer is so that you can LEAVE before that..that uh....white stuff...you know what I mean, before that stuff gets high enough to cover, well high enough to cover a quarter laying in the driveway..... If you have that much snow, it is time to LEAVE...and teach your wife how to pack fast enough so she can LEAVE with you so you won't have to come back for her. Then you could be here, on the south coast, catching a few rays and enjoying our balmy 80 degree weather. When that white stuff turns to water, then you can go back. If you get homesick, we have a little ice here. You can open the freezer and toss a few more cubes in your Crown and Dr. Pepper. You may still be homesick, but after 4 or 5 of those, you sorta forget where home is.

Yep.. I know.. Normally we would be in San Antonio, but this year we had to catch up on paperwork (passports, etc) and decided that we would put the $ we normally use down in the USA into getting the truck ready for next year. Plus, it will make us appreciate the 80 degree days next January even more ;)

When Wifey first suggested we stay for the winter we thought she was kidding, but now we don't let her forget that it was her idea lol

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Coke?? Why would you waste good crown or rum by mixing it with coke when, as has been proven by other posts, that Dr. Pepper makes you live to be 104?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil................ Crown and DP??? Were PEI lives you would have to get some of this with Coke. :) Not much else to do with that much snow except shovel and drink yourself happy. :)

Screech_02.jpg

Rick,

Some of that made it to the ECR last year via Flapper and Hone Eagle. No wonder you guys stay warm up there because it not only puts hair on your chest but on your entire body. No wonder there are so many Sasquatch sightings in Canada.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Short story, first Escapade in Goshen in 1996. Seminar titled "Ask Scott". Scott is a short dude that wears a derby, very funny guy. One member said, "Scott, how do filltimers winterize?" Scott walked around the podium a few times, scratched his head, returned to the podium, looked at the guy and said "GO SOUTH YOU FOOL!

Jim

Jim,

Contact Flapper or Hone Eagle by pm.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

OK you( hone eagle) bring the screech I will bring the Grimsby, Ontario made 40 Creek COPPER TOP this time!!!

along with our usual 6 to 12 + cases of beer yeeee haa!!!! hate to run out of the important stuff.

Man I cannot wait till happy hour, it took 3 and a half days to dig out the blue beast this year.

But she is ready to rock.

Hello Henry,

This is your hitch speaking. A few months ago you had me in a nice warm garage in Florida, then I was bolted to a pallet and put into a dark truck for a week. Here is a picture where I am as of March 19. I was told by the other hitches in your shop about the spring break in Florida in March and how the weather is so nice around that time. I don't feel the love right now.

Signed,

Your hitch

IMG_20150319_180944_zpsdqbmxvmz.jpg

Yes the garage is still nice and warm and place of occasional celebration.

DSC_0057.JPG

I do recall the day you were sent on this faithful journey.

DSC_0155.JPG

It was such an emotional day, like seeing your child leave for the first day at school.

DSC_0156.JPG

Who could anticipate the fate shown above, I will encourage your new parents to start their future treks southward in a more expeditious manner and not expose you to this brutal climate again. I understand that there was an error in timing which you new parents chose not to discuss again until it's over (by early summer estimating the heights of the banks).

Yes the garage is still nice and warm and place of occasional celebration.

DSC_0057.JPG

I do recall the day you were sent on this faithful journey.

DSC_0155.JPG

It was such an emotional day, like seeing your child leave for the first day at school.

DSC_0156.JPG

Who could anticipate the fate shown above, I will encourage your new parents to start their future treks southward in a more expeditious manner and not expose you to this brutal climate again. I understand that there was an error in timing which you new parents chose not to discuss again until it's over (by early summer estimating the heights of the banks).

LOL

yep.. Been out bright and early today, still well below freezing, but its getting up to 32 today and some rain, and about 10 inches of snow before getting cold again the rest of the week.. Trying to get some drilling out of the new rails.

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Man I was going to find something a bit more palatable ,but if you want Screech it is again - but I am not bring the cod.

If the more palatable product is produced from say wheat, malt or barley, its unfortunate that some of us may not be able to imbibe said beverage due to a severe gastronomical event that will take place shortly after the first sip.

In other words, its sugar cane, molasses, or potato based beverages for me.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Ralph,

Pretty sure I have the leftover Screech in my trailer, so Jim can have a taste. So bring what you wish

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Believe it was from two years ago. Will check in next couple of days and let you know. I do know with that stuff not even Ebola would stand a chance.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived