FW skirting for kingpin area

TxCowboy

I'm looking at buying skirting for the king pin area to store lawn chairs, a Coleman grill, and a couple of bicycles. I'm looking to buy from Camping World as they seem reasonably priced though the selection is rather small.

Anyone have an installation recommendations and/or lessons learning about the kingpin area skirting? Equally important, is this a DIY project I can do by myself or should it be professionally installed?

(NOTE: I have a question pending with CW on their skirting as the only mounting hardware provided is screw-in fasteners. I was wondering if industrial strength Velcro might be a better choice.)

Good feedback, guys. Thanks.

I can't imagine using shower curtains but the command hooks may be an option if I can put brass (non-rusting) grommets into the fabric. Velcro might still be an option -- there are glue removal sprays available at most auto part stores that I've used for other projects that should be able to remove the adhesive backing from the gel coat finish without damage.

We had a custom skirt made at Specialty Sewing Senter in Yuma in early 2013. They have 2 different materials (their "plastic-coated" material is much MUCH thicker than the Camping World material) & a number of color options. Cost then was $350 (sunscreen material is more expensive). This included them doing the measurements & the install. Installation was NOT the drill-in snaps, but an aluminum track.

We have been very happy with the skirt, although -- seeing the Costa Track referenced above -- I like the looks of it better than our aluminum. Either one beats all the snaps, IMHO.

Renee

There are 2 kinds of welt, plastic or "Kederwelt" . Nobody sews over a rope anymore, but that works too. The Kederwelt comes in 2 sizes, looks like fiberglass tape bonded over a core, REALLY good. Anyone who wants to see pics of this stuff etc, pls PM me w/ an off-forum address so I can attach pics to it.

There are 2 kinds of welt, plastic or "Kederwelt" . Nobody sews over a rope anymore, but that works too. The Kederwelt comes in 2 sizes, looks like fiberglass tape bonded over a core, REALLY good. Anyone who wants to see pics of this stuff etc, pls PM me w/ an off-forum address so I can attach pics to it.

PM with email address sent! :)

Archived