Tamarac NWR in Minnesota looking for volunteers this summer

altsclmarm

Janice Bengtson, the Tamarac NWR volunteer coordinator, asked me to post this opening on the Escapees Forum. I have volunteered here twice and rank the experience as in my top two Fish and Wildlife experiences. Please give Janice a call if you're available for further details, or sent me a PM if you have other questions about my experiences there.

"Resident Volunteers needed at Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge in NW Minnesota for 2015 summer season. Live among bald eagles, swans and wolves!

Maintenance Assistant- duties would include mowing public accesses and historical sites using a riding lawn mower which you would load and haul with a trailer. May include some facility maintenance as well. Other duties as assigned: recycling,some visitor services duties and wildlife surveys. Background/knowledge of grounds keeping and maintenance desired.

Visitor Center Host- greet visitors,answer phone, show movie, operate cash register, lead tours, minor maintenance, wildlife surveys. Must enjoy working with people, good communication skills.

Positions would require 24 hours/week in exchange for a campsite. Prefer a 3 month commitment. Season goes from mid-May through mid-October.

For more detailed information, check out www.volunteer.gov and/or contact Janice Bengtson, Volunteer Coordinator at 218-844-1756 or Janice_Bengtson@fws.gov."

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Archived