Verifying veteran status...........

Kirk W

Man for my first one it is so long ago I can't remember if I registered it or not but I do remember being advised to do so. I should be able to check some how without going to the Dallas Cty courthouse in person. I wonder if you can still have it register as old as me even if there is a fee. Makes the brain go hmmmmmm?

On this whole question of your military records, when I got out of the Army my uncle (a WWII / Korea guy) insisted I go up to the county courthouse and have them photostat my DD214 and enter it into their records. I still have my original but it's getting pretty fragile these days.

You can have any document recorded at the county courthouse by simply paying a filing fee. You then need to keep track of the book and page it is recorded on and you will be able to get a certified copy at any time that it might be needed, forever. Such records are open to the public, if that concerns you.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Military service records are public documents (they will redact your SSN). I filed mine at my county courthouse so I could always get access to it - but anyone can access your information through an appropriate FOIA request.

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

Archived