Rainy day hobbies

If you like to fish, you can tye your own flys, make your own spinners, cast your own plastic baits or carve your own plugs. The materials don't weigh much and don't take up a lot of space. DW knits and crochets and donates the items to charities. We like to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and the Restores always seem to need help stocking the shelves, sorting items, etc.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

Pegs and Jokers, fun and fast game for a variable number of players, 2 to 8 can play but 3 or four are better. With six or more you can split the boards and have two smaller games.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Surf the web, read, watch TV, interior maintenance on MH, go shopping ( wife's favorite).

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

• Play math games on my computer to exercise the brain.
  • I used to do a lot more crossword puzzles but now I let them collect (from the daily newspaper) and just do them on rainy days
  • Bake Cookies
  • Laundry
  • Clean house "RV"
  • Reorganize and try to eliminate closet contents
  • Call or email friends I haven't seen in a while, I have a couple of college buddies I haven't seen in years but we email every couple of months.
  • Clean out computer files
  • Read and participate in computer forums
  • Find a yoga class

(When parked for awhile I join a group to take regular classes it has greatly improved my golf game and I enjoy learning from different instructors when we travel.)

• Mall walk for exercise
  • Rain or shine I have to walk the dog so we all put on our raincoats (unless there is lightning) and take her for a walk
  • Map out our next trip and Google RV parks
  • Binge watch a TV show or we always have a couple movies on the DVR
  • I always carry a 3 x 4 notepad (old school I know) and right down ideas, shopping lists or thoughts when something comes to mind

(On rainy days I go through it and see if the idea is still good an work on it)

What are some of the things you enjoy in Boise when the weather is more inviting?

• Play math games on my computer to exercise the brain.
  • I used to do a lot more crossword puzzles but now I let them collect (from the daily newspaper) and just do them on rainy days
  • Bake Cookies
  • Laundry
  • Clean house "RV"
  • Reorganize and try to eliminate closet contents
  • Call or email friends I haven't seen in a while, I have a couple of college buddies I haven't seen in years but we email every couple of months.
  • Clean out computer files
  • Read and participate in computer forums
  • Find a yoga class

(When parked for awhile I join a group to take regular classes it has greatly improved my golf game and I enjoy learning from different instructors when we travel.)

• Mall walk for exercise
  • Rain or shine I have to walk the dog so we all put on our raincoats (unless there is lightning) and take her for a walk
  • Map out our next trip and Google RV parks
  • Binge watch a TV show or we always have a couple movies on the DVR
  • I always carry a 3 x 4 notepad (old school I know) and right down ideas, shopping lists or thoughts when something comes to mind

(On rainy days I go through it and see if the idea is still good an work on it)

What are some of the things you enjoy in Boise when the weather is more inviting?

I do a lot of the activities you mentioned. We love the zoo here. It's very scenic and nice way to spend the day. Last week we went to the Haunted Idaho State Peniteniary. Usually we walk a LOT. I love walking the different neighborhoods as they all have water features. When I'm stuck in the house, like today, I bake cookies, laundry, clean, chase my dog through our now empty house (we still have 2 weeks til we move into our 5er), or I work on one of my paintings. We still have the aquarium, Birds of prey park and air museum to visit before we leave.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Same things we did when we had a sticks & bricks. Greg

Same for us. I sort pictures that I've taken and stored on the computer, read, do internet research, do maintenance on guns(if carrying any), work on our webpage, write for magazines, check out service manuals, and if we happen to be in some volunteer position I do work around there, often it the wood-shop(if they have one) or some other job that needs attention. Sometimes I also help with cleaning or housework, but only when wanted and under direction.... :)

Pam sews, crochets, knits, does crafts, calls grandchildren(face-time), reads, groom the dog, cleans house, or supervise my work.

We both often go for a long walk in rain if the weather is warm. When at a wildlife refuge or state park it is usually very peaceful and things look and seem quite different than in sunshine.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I make pine needle baskets and do wood carving. Both great things for indoors. My wife does quilting and can easily spend a rainy day sewing away. When we were full timing we spent a lot of time on our hobbies/crafts/art. And we spent more time reading.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

When we were cruising on our sailboat in the tropics you could watch people erupt from their companionway hatches during a rain squall. Since most people were already wearing pretty minimal clothing, no one had to strip. And most of us were younger. But I can remember sitting in the salon talking with some land-bound visitors when the first squall for several days hit and the looks on their faces when we all - kids and adults alike - grabbed towels and soap and headed for the deck.

I think they thought we might be sinking. LOL

WDR

PS: We're all considerably older and ... um... less cute, now... than we were then. But I hear Speedo actually makes swimwear for old people now. :P

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

I do a lot of the activities you mentioned. We love the zoo here. It's very scenic and nice way to spend the day. Last week we went to the Haunted Idaho State Peniteniary. Usually we walk a LOT. I love walking the different neighborhoods as they all have water features. When I'm stuck in the house, like today, I bake cookies, laundry, clean, chase my dog through our now empty house (we still have 2 weeks til we move into our 5er), or I work on one of my paintings. We still have the aquarium, Birds of prey park and air museum to visit before we leave.

Thanks for the suggestions. Thinking of going thru Boise this summer.

You guys made this harder than it needs to be. I just move house. Drive to where the weather is as I like it.

Sometimes that move requires driving 2,000 miles. Really. It rained in Arizona this week and its been raining often in much of the southern US from Texas east for the last few weeks.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Packing up and moving is a lot more hassle than relaxing for a day or 2.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Sometimes that move requires driving 2,000 miles. Really. It rained in Arizona this week and its been raining often in much of the southern US from Texas east for the last few weeks.

Most anywhere will experience some rainy days and if you never stay where it is raining you may move about most of the time or live in all year in the desert. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I plink with my BB pistol. The rain makes our left over cheerios and raisin bran boxes a little softer so the weak BB's will actually penetrate. Put the boxes just outside of the awning so I can shoot and remain dry.

Had to quit last year.

They called me a cereal killer.

(you knew that was coming, didn't you)

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Archived