Magnum Inverter Panel question - Fault Test

gg923

This question if for some of our resident Magnum Inverter experts...

I have a 2800 watt Magnum Inverter with the control panel located inside our unit. We have only had our unit about 9 months, but I just noted that the read out will flash "Fault Test" and a red light on the left side will flash once. There are no error codes and all seems to be working as it should (as far as I can tell). We are located in a CG with FHU.

I have searched the owners manual but cannot find where it discusses this - I did find the errors, etc. I guess my question is whether this is normal or does it indicate that there is a problem?

Many thanks!

Gene & Lisa (and Abby)

2014 Chevy 3500 D/A 4x4 Dually

2015 DRV Mobile Suites 38PS3

Trailersaver TS3

2012 Toyota Prius

event.png

Yup. That's a normal system check when mode switching... typically when you hit your low soc threshold and the unit is cycling up a charge mode. If it illuminates and STAYS on, then you have a problem. Most commonly a shut down from a high or low battery voltage, overtemp, or an AC overload situation.

Thank You for the reply!

Does that earn me half a beer or a lettuce/cheese/beef/bean free taco? :P (bleckkkk) A 'switch' between mode changes is a non issue. Everything appears copacetic. You 'might' consider adjusting your soc and limit %'s though. That is one of the Mag's downfalls with soc's. You almost have to manually force a previously set soc limit whether you need it or not. Actual charge rates are outstanding though. Good on ya!

Archived