Renewable Energy = 90% Of New US Electricity Generation Capacity In January (Exclusive)

RV_

I have to say that the answer from the Texas Governors Nuclear Power Commision is about what I would expect. Not to dis Bruss's son in law. I have no doubt there is truth in the statement is true to a point but obviously we can not just dispense with regulations and oversight. In fact a lot of regulations are caused by failure to do thing safely an properly regardless of cost. And since the ramifications of the "big" screw ups are so bad that cost has to be the last consideration. Of course all this will create more of the dreaded bureaucrats that are fun to beat on while they try to protect us. Not all bureaucrats are bad but I admit it can be extremely difficult to weed out the bad ones from the good ones when you are hiring. Let's face it most of the regulations are cause by the elected class and are the result of political view, business input, and of course the public who want to be safe so you can put all that nasty stuff somewhere else near someone else's home and loved ones.

I tried to post a big ATTABOY Arizona after looking at Darryl&ritas links yesterday but blew it so I thought I would throw it in now after Stans input. I sure hope sarcasm is easily understood when written here.

Derek, I will go back and read it. Sometimes you are just so prolific I have to break it al into segments and go through it a little at a time. My trifocals really don't help either. Reading it is no guarantee I will understand or remember much but I do my best. :blink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll get a kick out of it Jim. Those things dispose of the old waste as their fuel, are loaded once, then run for decade/s on the one fuel load. They are small, self contained, minimal monitoring. While they work on getting one to demo, granted it has not been done before, I'll be cheering them on.. Bill Gates and his foundation helped to get it up and on the development part.

What amazes me is how many people are reactive to buzz words, and how many use them with no knowledge or experience, yet tell me it can't be done. But I never see them come back and own up. The traveling wave reactor is one tech improvement I'd get behind if they can perfect it. Cleans up the waste while producing electric is much simpler than making more waste with old reactor tech.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks Darryl! Yeah that dip at that time on the 20th is pretty obvious.

Nice website. It also tracks the decision-making and moves away from nuclear to solar and wind here: https://energy-charts.de/power_inst.htm

I am impressed with how far they have come in the last five years.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived