DirectTV is telling me I can't take my home equipment

Direct TV called this morning. They were sending an installer to our new SD mail forwarding place to install our new system! Talk about screwed up!!! When I updated our phone number with them yesterday I gave them our new mailing address stating specifically it's MAIL only. I think this is just the beginning of the nightmare!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Direct TV called this morning. They were sending an installer to our new SD mail forwarding place to install our new system! Talk about screwed up!!! When I updated our phone number with them yesterday I gave them our new mailing address stating specifically it's MAIL only. I think this is just the beginning of the nightmare!

Not sure why you are having this much trouble. This is not the norm. Did you give them your current service address?

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Yes, they have our current service address. My main issue is I bundled with Century Link. I recently cancelled the Internet portion with them because we got the Verizon Jet pack for traveling. That leaves just the DirectTV with Century Link. That's when I changed our phone number with them and gave them our new forwarding address which was NOT to go into effect until the end of the month. I told the gal we would be full time RVing and the new address was not a service address. Apparently she didn't listen because I guess there is a 'move order' in effect now, which is why the installer called.

I don't know what to do at this point. If I call Century Link and tell them I just want to go with Direct, that will cancel my entire service (I think). We're not moving into the trailer until the 28th of this month.

I was thinking of just waiting until we're in the trailer and deal with the nightmare then. Agh!

Others may know better than I, but I believe that you need to cancel your service with Century Link, and set up an account with DirecTV. and that is why you have had so much trouble so far.

Paul

Yea, I think you're right. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

My husband just got off the phone with DirectTV. They said we cannot take our home equipment on the road because it won't work and they don't offer mobile DVR. They also don't offer HD. He said we had to go to a dealer and have them sell us the equipment and antenna.

WTH?

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P6730097

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P6730097

http://www.winegard.com/roadtrip

I use a KVH TracVision RV1 when i'm trucking and I have a genie in my truck also. though it wasn't cheap!!! it's a sweet dish!! it picks up the locals in every market automaticly so no need to call in and have your locals changed to your new location. that unit was almost 3 grand. I posted some other links to to what would work cause I don't know what your budget is. and you can search out different models on camping world or amazon!!

Can't I just take my dish mounted to my house now?

do you want in motion T.V. the ability to watch and record T.V. while rolling down the road??? yes you can take the dish from your house but you won't be able to use it while your in motion :D and then you'll have to set it up at your new location everytime and point it to the satellites that's really fun but more fun in the rain :blink:

do you want in motion T.V. the ability to watch and record T.V. while rolling down the road??? yes you can take the dish from your house but you won't be able to use it while your in motion :D and then you'll have to set it up at your new location everytime and point it to the satellites that's really fun but more fun in the rain :blink:

If you had looked at the OPs signature you would have seen that they have a fifth wheel and don't watch tv while in motion. I can have my standard dish set up and watching tv in 10 minutes and don't have to be concerned about trees.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

If you had looked at the OPs signature you would have seen that they have a fifth wheel and don't watch tv while in motion. I can have my standard dish set up and watching tv in 10 minutes and don't have to be concerned about trees.

ooppss my bad!! :ph34r: . but yea she can take her equipment and move it to the 5th wheel and set it up each time :) . I always had a hard time finding the signal while I was stationary :rolleyes:

As it sits now....I had to cancel with Century Link (since I was bundled with them) and have a 'move' order with Direct.

When the Direct tech called my husband and asked about our SD address he told them the story. He's supposed to come to our 5th wheel on the 31st and 'install' our system. Again.....we're taking everything from the house so I don't know what he's going to install, AND Direct wanted to charge me $149 to MOVE everything. I stressed to the lady we are the ones taking ALL our equipment so why am I being charged $149? Out of the goodness of their heart, they waived that fee! Sheesh!! Stay tuned for the continuing saga of DirectTV Days of our Lives!!

Archived